close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

submit doesn't insert to database or send email

Thread began 5/04/2020 3:03 am by vered435903 | Last modified 5/05/2020 6:55 pm by Ray Borduin | 741 views | 6 replies |

vered435903

submit doesn't insert to database or send email

Hello,

My submit button doesn't insert the record into the database, it doesn't redirect, and it doesn't send an email. I've tried several of the things I've found in other forum posts, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Please help.
https://aguair.com/quote/

Thanks so much!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You had renamed your form but hadn't updated the javascript form validation code with the new form name. I've updated it and your page appears to work now.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

vered435903

Thanks Ray! I had a feeling that might have been it.... I saw that referenced on one of the other forum posts, but couldn't find the discrepancy.

I am having two other issues now... It's made every field required (even though they're not) and it's not recognizing when I type the info into the captcha field so it's not submitting. I'll try and troubleshoot some more this evening, but in case you're still available today... I thought I'd send this update.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It seems to be working properly for me. What field is required that shouldn't be?

vered435903

Hello,

I just reopened the page in a new tab to see if that would help, and I'm having the same errors.

These should not be required:
title, address 2, sq footage, # of rooms, # of facilities, additional comments
It reloads the page asking for me to fill in those fields

When I do fill them in, then the page reloads again asking for the security code value.

The page should go to a thank you page upon completion, I should get an email with the form info, and the info should go into the database. I do not see your info in the database.... did you submit the form when you tested it?

And I get ?invalid=true in the address bar.

update - I have been digging through the form again and I see that the above fields are not required via required="true" so I don't understand why I'm continuing to get those errors.... I've tried in different browsers to make sure I don't have anything cached that could be affecting it...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Open the Server Behaviors panel and edit the Server Validations server behavior. You probably just need to remove the fields that aren't required from that area as well.

vered435903

Thank you!!
IGNORE my notes below.

After fiddling with it, messing with different settings, all is working correctly now!! Woohoo!

Database has received info, I got an email, and I was forwarded to the thank you page.

Here's what I did:
1. I had to revise the validations for both security questions
2. One of my phpMySQL fields was not set to Null for a field that wasn't required
3. The values in the enum field in the database didn't exactly match the submitted data from the form (the database had ™ on the products in the checklist and my form did not submit the product names with the ™)

As always, thank you for your excellent tech support!!

That seems to be working.... I removed it from 1/2 the fields and 'submitted' and they didn't throw an error. However, the captcha still doesn't seem to be registering... What could be wrong there?

update: I finished removing the validation from the remaining fields and the captcha still won't let it submit.... the security questions are the last of the issues, I think.... :-)

update 2: I removed the validation from the security questions - I see on one of my other forms, that they were not present in the WA server validations section.... my submit result was a white page with the fields listed, then a line break, and then "Field 'title' doesn't have a default value"

What should I do to address that? My database allows the field to remain empty so I shouldn't need a default value....

update 3: Another form I generated with webassist has these lines in the validation. On that form, I just had the captcha.... not the additional security question. These lines are different than what was in the validations that I removed per my previous update.

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateLE((strtolower(isset($_POST["Security_Code"])?$_POST["Security_Code"]:"")) . "",((isset($_SESSION["captcha_Security_Code"]))?strtolower($_SESSION["captcha_Security_Code"]):"") . "",true,3);
$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRX((isset($_POST["Hidden_Field"])?$_POST["Hidden_Field"]:"") . "","/.* /",false,4);

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...