close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding a 'Delivery Type' select field to shopping cart

Thread began 4/27/2020 4:07 am by georgina_barrett_187762 | Last modified 4/28/2020 10:47 am by Ray Borduin | 577 views | 3 replies |

georgina_barrett_187762

Adding a 'Delivery Type' select field to shopping cart

I am trying to add a select field to the cart.php page so the user can select: collect from shop, local delivery or international. I am using Paypal Express so the user goes straight to Paypal once they click 'checkout' on the cart.php page so they don't add their shipping address within the cart. I have added a select field 'DeliveryType' to the page (just above the discount summery row). I have also added a column to the ecart object (I presume that is correct). I am stuck as to what to do from here.
I have created some shipping rules - dependent on the Session variable DeliveryType, but these don't seem to be working.

How do I get the shopping cart to update once a selection has been made? Is there a way to update the shopping cart automatically once the user selects a value?

I am obviously missing something. I have seen similar issues within this forum but none that directly help me.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I would just save the Delivery Type into a session variable.... not as a cart column since it shouldn't change row by row.

Then you can create shipping rules based on the session variable once it is created properly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

georgina_barrett_187762

Thank you, I have got that to work. I need to record this SESSION value (DeliveryType) in the orders table after the payment has been take using Paypal Express. How do I do that?

Also, I have tested the order using a Paypal sandbox account and it all works except the shipping details. The user doesn't enter their shipping details in the checkout as I am using Paypal Express - so the user enters their details directly to Paypal. However these aren't being transferred to the order table after purchase. I have attached some of my files (I don't know if you need them)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update the server behavior on the pp_confirm.php page named "Store Cart Summary In Database".

You can add any columns you need to the Orders table in your database and use that server behavior to record any information including session variable values that you would need.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...