close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't find video or tutorial for form builder in Data Bridge One

Thread began 4/25/2020 10:48 am by greytail | Last modified 4/28/2020 10:31 am by Ray Borduin | 651 views | 9 replies |

greytail

Can't find video or tutorial for form builder in Data Bridge One

I am trying to create a simple form in DW 6 on a Mac using the form builder in Data Bridge 1 which I bought quite a few years ago but never used. I downloaded the latest version, created a PHP page and ran through the WYSIG builder for a simple form.However, I cannot find the precise steps that specifically refer to version one of Databridge and its form builder. I notice that version one is still supported, so do you have some links to the original tutorials?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What are you trying to do with the form? You probably wouldn't use form builder, you would use Data Bridge's create database pages wizard, which combines form builder with database insert, update, delete, search, and results pages and can even be configured to send emails all in one wizard.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

greytail

Form builder

Hi:
I think I have found one of your old tutorials. Its called Web Development Tutorial: Customied form elements in your form generated emails...think I will re install data bridge one and try that...it is pretty clear what I need to do..thanks

greytail

javascript errors

After using Extension manager too delete all WebAssist extensions and deleting all website files created by the extension, and restarting DW several times and restarting my Mac several times, I am getting Javascript errors, seemingly related WebAssist every time I start DW CS6. In attempt to get the error to disappear, I reinstalled the free Pay Pal Extension and Data
Bridge One, but then saw this error attached. It seems that if one puts even one foot wrong in any of the processes you get errors like this which are then hard to get rid of short of wiping ones disk and reinstalling the OS.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That refers to a file that webassist hasn't used in more than five years. Did you install some really old versions of some extensions?

I'd start by clearing out your user's configuration file manually and reinstalling just DataBridge. Make sure you have the latest version of the paypal toolkit as well.

greytail

Still getting errors

Where exactly is the user's configuration file on a Mac and what files should I delete. Are they in Application Support/Adobe? What files should be removed? I can find no information on the web about editing files in the Extension manager or in the Dreamweaver application. Most sites warn against making any changes unless you know what you are doing and I certainly don't. Furthermore, I only downloaded software that was not archived and still supported. It is all a bit of a headache.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you post your phone number then I can call you and help you with this in a screen sharing session.

On mac the folder is:
Libary/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver [version]/en_US/Configuration

Just delete that entire folder while Dreamweaver is closed and then open Dreamweaver.

That will re-create a fresh version of that folder which will be stripped of any extensions you have installed. Then re-install the ones you want.

If you still have issues, then post your phone number and I'll do screen sharing with you to debug and fix whatever issues remain.

greytail

Thanks, I'd like to take you up on your offer. My phone number is 802-895-4295. I am available between about 10 am to 5pm EST

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll call you tomorrow at around 10am EST.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was able to manually remove the leftover files causing issues in a screen sharing session.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...