close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Payments Pro updating paypal account. Hosted or not for PCI compliance

Thread began 4/09/2020 1:15 pm by TroyD | Last modified 4/09/2020 7:31 pm by Ray Borduin | 273 views | 1 replies |

TroyD

PayPal Payments Pro updating paypal account. Hosted or not for PCI compliance?

Ray,

Figures, this part isn't going to be easy. Dealing with PayPal through my client's login at paypal.

Trying to upgrade his business account to have Payments Pro. It's asking choices between "PayPal-hosted checkout pages" and "...create and host my own checkout pages". I assume it's the later but then that goes on to warn him about needing to be PCI Compliant.

I don't remember seeing that part when I setup my sandbox account, but then again, he currently has manager.paypal.com setup so his pages look different even though he is logged into paypal.com and not manager.paypal.com. I told him to call PayPal and tell them what he needs done but I am trying to prepare myself for when they ask him those same questions.

We want to select self-hosted checkout right? I mean, I know that the checkout is on our end but then the API is all PCI compliant. Right? Is it like their transparent redirect?

Thanks,
TroyD

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. Self-hosted.

Unfortunately PCI compliance is a bunch of hoops. It has things like requiring hashed passwords, forcing reset of passwords after certain periods, SSL encryption, and a slew of other things.

What he wants is called Paypal Direct Payment API method using SOAP. They have so many to choose from, but hopefully they won't give him a hard time about proving PCI compliance. Just tell them it is PCI comliant and get the account updated.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...