close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Forgot Password reset url in email has duplicate url

Thread began 4/06/2020 11:59 am by TroyD | Last modified 4/07/2020 1:32 pm by Ray Borduin | 597 views | 5 replies |

TroyD

Forgot Password reset url in email has duplicate url

I'm not sure the reason, but the email that SA sends out when a user resets their password, isn't working because it has the url in their twice. But only when using it in an anchor tag.

Here's the html in the forgotpassword_email.php file.

<p>Your username and password were requested from our website.  You will be required to re-set your password to gain access to the site.  Please use the following link to access your <a href="[*return_url*]">password update</a>.  You may also copy and paste the following URL into your browser:</p>
<p><strong>URL:</strong> [*return_url*]</p>

Where [*return_url*] is used by itself, the full url is display correctly. Like this. https://www.domainname.com/account/forgotpassword.php?fp_id=1&fp_email=user%40useremail.com&fp_data=123randomstringhere123

However, if I try to include it in an anchor like this <a href="[*return_url*]">password update</a>, the link includes this https://www.domainname.comhttps://www.domainname.com/account/forgotpassword.php?fp_id=1&fp_email=user%40useremail.com&fp_data=123randomstringhere123

I'm not sure what I have going wrong here. Where should I start looking? I'll attach the version of the helper_php.php file I have.

Thanks,
TroyD

Attached Files
helper_php.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll need FTP access and a URL with an email address that is registered to test with to debug this issue. I'm not sure what it might be, but I'm sure I can track it down.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

TroyD

Ray,

See PM

TroyD

Ray,

Just got the email. It seems to work now. I'll wait to hear from you as to what you did or if I need to do anything from my end.

Thanks,
TroyD

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I had to make some updates to the WA_email.php file and the helper.php file to get it to work. I'm going to update the DataBridge build to include the updated files, but yours is fixed.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

TroyD

Thanks so much Ray. I will make the changes to the other live sites.

TroyD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...