close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

request for configuration file

Thread began 4/06/2020 12:46 am by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 4/08/2020 2:03 pm by Ray Borduin | 1128 views | 11 replies |

yogastudents362523

request for configuration file

Hello,

I understand that an update to Design Extender might soon be with us, and I was originally going to wait patiently for it to arrive.

However, I unfortunately now have to rebuild many pages on my site from scratch.

Since my configuration of Creative Suite means the normal installer does not work, is it please possible to know the location of a suitable configuration file or files I could use so that I can as soon as possible get up and running with DE?

Thank you for your kindness,
KB

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately it is not ready for even ALPHA testing. It will be at least a couple of months before that will be ready. I will let you know as soon as it is.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

yogastudents362523

Hi,

Sorry, I misspoke. I was actually meaning receiving a configuration file for the CURRENT Design Extender version, as no extenders installers work on my machind.

I was not requestiong a preview of some future version! Neither you nor I would really know, when I made a supposed "eeror", if it was genuinely an error, or just me being idiotic. I don't think I am suirable material for an alpha tester!!

However, I am actually learning a great deal fighting away with html5 myself.

With every good wish,
KB

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've updated the configuration file at the old location. It now includes DataBridge, eCart, and Design Extender.

yogastudents362523

Hello,

Thank you very much.
I will go pick it up now.
KB

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The best way for me to debug a page that isn't working is to go to the page with a URL to see the error and then I can open the actual php page since you gave me FTP access and tell you what is going wrong.

How can I view the error online? Please create a location where I can reproduce the issue and I'll help you debug what is going on.

yogastudents362523

Will do

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This page seems to display properly. What is the issue I'm looking at?

yogastudents362523

Hi,

The issue is that the Do-While loop IN the page does not seem to be working correctly. Sorry for delay in response, but I am teaching most of the afternoon. You can see the Do-While loop in the code I pasted in to the private area above.

I was going to work on it again myself when I was finished, if it is too much trouble for you.

I have put the loop in the private area againl

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is a MySQL style loop. Since you are using MySQLi now on the page it has to be updated to the correct MySQLi syntax. I've done that for you on the page. I just applied the MySQLi repeat region and updated the column references to use the MySQLi syntax.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...