close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding messages and requested ship date to Power Store

Thread began 4/03/2020 4:58 pm by Patrice | Last modified 5/06/2020 5:03 pm by Ray Borduin | 1597 views | 16 replies |

PatriceWebAssist

Adding messages and requested ship date to Power Store

Per our earlier discussion, I have a florist shopping cart I am working on. Let me know if these are the steps I should start with in order to have a message box and a preferred delivery date.

In ps4_products database, add two more items.
ProductMessage using varchar255
ProductDelDate using datetime

If that is correct, then how would a date time be set so it would be in the next business day which would not be the same day, nor on a weekend?

Then, where do I start to look for adding these two fields in the cart ordering area? I'll probably need help, but I'd like to try if it's not too difficult.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would add the columns to the Orders database table not the Products table.

Then you would add the columns to the checkout page: webassist/plugins/shopping_cart/checkout_form.php

Then update the store cart summary in database server behavior found on: webassist/plugins/shopping_cart/process_transaction.php

I think those are the steps.

When you add the datepicker to the checkout form you can set it to require it to be any number of days in the future and restrict days and dates using the Datepicker ui: https://jqueryui.com/datepicker/

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

Thanks for the direction. I'll see what I can figure out and then probably surrender. :-)

PatriceWebAssist

I'd like to set up an appointment for next week at your convenience. I have added a message column to the ps4_orders: OrdersMessage

It turns out I won't need the delivery date item as they are doing same day delivery or next day. I just made notes to the customers for that.

The page that the customer will see where this message goes is here:
https://blossoming-stems-floral.com/PowerStore/cart.php

And also to be noted in the admin orders_detail.php page. I have put notes on these two pages where they could go. I wouldn't think the mail receipt would need that detail though, to keep it simpler.

I think the associated pages are these:
admin/orders_detail.php
wa/plugins/shopping_cart/checkout.form
wa/plugins/shopping_cart?process_transaction.php
wa/plugins/shopping_cart/cart_editible.php

Please let me know which day next week you may be available for the online consultation, or if easier for you, I can send log-in access, or even those 4 pages if that is all that is needed.

Thanks for your help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd want login access since I always want to test what I've done to be sure I haven't made a mistake. I'd prefer to do it in a screen sharing session in case I have questions as well.

Tuesday between 10-2pm is probably best for me.

PatriceWebAssist

Works for me... but define time zone: I am East Coast you are West Coast... And I always mess it up. :-)
So pick a time East Coast and I'll be here.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1pm EST... Just call me using the number at the bottom of the webassist.com web site.

PatriceWebAssist

It's a date. Thanks Ray.

PatriceWebAssist

Sorry we missed one another. Please let me know your availability this week.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry about that. I can be available any day this week. Can we do tomorrow (Wednesday May 6) at 4pm EST?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...