close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

while executing onClick in WA AppBuilder.htm

Thread began 9/17/2009 4:53 pm by fred306789 | Last modified 9/21/2009 1:07 pm by fred306789 | 4578 views | 10 replies |

fred306789

while executing onClick in WA AppBuilder.htm

I don't get it, what is up with all these Java errors. I am trying to use the Data Assist wizard in CS4 and getting these errors: while executing onClick in WA AppBuilder.htm error 2774.

Any Idea what I need to do.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

With Dreamweaver closed, try deleting the WinFilecache-########.dat or MacFileCache-########.dat, depending on your operating system, file from the following location:

WinXP
-DW8
--C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration
-DWCS3
--C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration
-DWCS4
--C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration

Win Vista
-DW8
--C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration
-DWCS3
--C:Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration
-DWCS4
--C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration

Mac OSX;
-DW8
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Macromedia: Dreamweaver 8:Configuration
-DWCS3
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver 9: Configuration
-DWCS4
--Hard disk: Users: <Your User Name>: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Dreamweaver CS4: en_US: Configuration

(Please note that <Your User Name> Should be replaced with the User name you use to log into your computer)

Also, please make sure that you have the most recent version of our extensions installed.

NOTE:
On Windows Computers, The AppData or Application Data folders may be set to be hidden.

To View Hidden Folders in Windows Vista:
1) In The Windows Explorer, Click the "Organize" button
2) Select "Folders And Search Options"
3) Select the "View" tab
4) Click the "Show Hidden Folders And Files" radio button.

To View Hidden Folders in Windows XP:
1) On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
2)Click the View tab.
3) Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

fred306789

Thank you

Thak you very much for your help, I will give that a try.

Jimmy Wu

Let me know how it goes.

fred306789

I will thanks

I will thanks....

fred306789

Well the Java error went away, however now wen I run the login screen I am getting a 500 server error.

I am running Vista with IE and I cannot get the script debug to turn on? Anyway I checked the connection string and the test to the Access DB passes ( I am using ASP VB Script.).

So I tried to add a few response.write error levels and they do not even show up. Here is the code for the pages:
Connection string:
<%
' FileName="Connection_ado_conn_string.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_email_Con_STRING
MM_email_Con_STRING = sDSN = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/access_db/aspEmail.mdb")
%>
Login Script:

<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<!--#include file="Connections/email_Con.asp" -->
<!--#include file="WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_VB.asp" -->
<%
If (Request.ServerVariables("Request_Method") = "POST") Then
Dim WA_AuthParameter100 : Set WA_AuthParameter100 = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "connection" , MM_email_Con_STRING
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "tableName" , "Mail"
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "columns" , Split("Email"&WA_Auth_Separator&"PasswordEnc", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "columnValues" , Split("" & cStr(cStr(Request.Form("username"))) & ""&WA_Auth_Separator&"" & cStr(cStr(Request.Form("userpassword"))) & "", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "columnTypes" , Split("200"&WA_Auth_Separator&"200", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "columnSizes" , Split("100"&WA_Auth_Separator&"50", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "sessionColumns" , Split("ID", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "sessionNames" , Split("ID", WA_Auth_Separator)
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "successRedirect" , "freeresources/index.asp"
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "failRedirect" , ""
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "gotoPreviousURL" , True
WA_AuthParameter100.Add "keepQueryString" , True

WA_AuthenticateUser WA_AuthParameter100
End If
%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Log In</title>
<link href="WA_SecurityAssist/styles/Refined_Pacifica.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="WA_SecurityAssist/styles/Arial.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="WA_SecurityAssist/styles/Refined_Pacifica.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="WA_SecurityAssist/styles/Arial.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
<div id="LogInContainer" class="WAATK">
<form action="<% If(Request.QueryString <> "")Then Response.Write(CStr(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))&"?"&Server.HTMLEncode(Request.QueryString)) Else Response.Write(CStr(Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME"))) %>" method="post" name="WAATKLogInForm" id="WAATKLogInForm">
<h1>Log In</h1>
<table class="WAATKDataTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<th>User name</th>
<td><input type="text" class="WAATKTextField" name="username" value="" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th>Password</th>
<td><input type="password" class="WAATKTextField" name="userpassword" value="" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
<div class="WAATKButtonRow">
<input type="Submit" name="LogIn" id="LogIn" value="Log In">
</div>
</form>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Thanks for your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a generic error message that your webserver is returning. To determine what the problem is a more meaningful error message will be needed. To enable the more advanced error messaging in IIS 7 for Vista you will need to do the following:

1) Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools
2) Open the IIS control panel and open the ASP option
3) At the top of the ASP control area select Display: Friendly Names
4) Now go down to the Compilation area and expand Debugging Properties
5) In debugging properties make sure to set Enable Client -side Debugging, Enable Server -side debugging, and Send Errors to Browser to TRUE. Make sure to click the Apply on the right side of the page.
6) After setting the debugging you must go back to the IIS control panel and using the controls on the right side restart the server.

This will enable debugging info to display when an error occurs. This should be turned on while testing and should not be left enabled for a live server.

fred306789

Thank you for your response, however I do not have control over the server. I have Virtual hosting account from Go-daddy and no control on the settings.

So i found one of the treads here in this forum stating to try just a record set which reads data from the Access database. I did that ( code below ) and still the same problem?

This is very strange because I have another hosting account Identical to this one and loaded an e commerce shopping on that account and that one works right out of the box with no problem.

The connection string I use is this: sDSN = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/access_db101/**********************.mdb").

The connection string for the one I have problem with is: MM_Con_STRING = sDSN = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/access_db101/************.mdb") with a dim declaration of Dim MM_Con_String

Here is the Recordset code I used: Note I connect within Dreamweaver fine when I test the connection, however; I get the 500 server error when I load this page in the browser.
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<!--#include file="Connections/Con_Con.asp" -->
<%
Dim Recordset1
Dim Recordset1_cmd
Dim Recordset1_numRows

Set Recordset1_cmd = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Command")
Recordset1_cmd.ActiveConnection = MM_email_Con_STRING
Recordset1_cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Mail"
Recordset1_cmd.Prepared = true

Set Recordset1 = Recordset1_cmd.Execute
Recordset1_numRows = 0
%>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<p><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("Email").Value)%>
</p>
<p><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("DateTime").Value)%></p>
<p><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("FirstName").Value)%>
<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("LastName").Value)%></p>
<p>
<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item("PasswordEnc").Value)%></p>
</body>
</html>
<%
Recordset1.Close()
Set Recordset1 = Nothing
%>

fred306789

Now after I deleted all and created a database I get the ADODB.Command error '800a0bb9' Error.

Why Is it that you guys use this "ADODB.Command" stuff? Why are we not using the
Set cnn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")

This worked for years, how can I remove the "ADODB.Command".

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please send a copy of your page in a zip file and the exact error including the line number so I can look at the code generating the error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...