close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help getting started with migrating to DB2 / MySQLi

Thread began 3/09/2020 11:01 am by iain331081 | Last modified 3/18/2020 8:03 am by Ray Borduin | 1920 views | 34 replies |

iain331081

Help getting started with migrating to DB2 / MySQLi

Just getting started with this, but its a bit daunting. I did briefly look at the MySQLi Server Behaviours ages ago and have a MySQLi Connection file.

So first thing I did was replace the old MySQL connection file with the new MySQLi file on a page.

That is giving me the error: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) even though the details are the same.

Next thing I tried was a new blank PHP page to create a new connection file from scratch. But I can't get the Databases windows to open (DW 2020, macOS Catalina). The Bindings and Server Behaviours windows open just fine, but bit the Database window.

Any pointers appreciated, as it feels like I've fallen at the first hurdle!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That doesn't look like one of our connection files, or at least not the latest version from the latest build. Use the webassist extension and download the latest version to create the connection file.

It looks like the code you have should work through. The error implies the username or password are incorrect. I'd have to test both connections to try to determine the difference. Something must be different.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

iain331081

Thanks Ray. I'm not sure how to create a connection file if the Databases window won't open in DW, and nothing happens when I try to select WebAssist > Database > Database Connections. Its not working in DW2020 or DW2018. And I'm using DB 2.3.5.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try reinstalling the extension. It sounds like it didn't install properly.

iain331081

I have removed it from the DMXZone extension manager, but the WA menu items are still there after restarting DW. Where will the files be on a Mac to delete to completely remove all the WA stuff before reinstalling DB2?

Is it the folder: user/library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver 2020/en_GB/Configutation/WA Installer ?

iain331081

Also tried installing on my laptop, which hasn't had any DW extensions added. Used a different extension manager - Anastasiy, that Project 7 recommend since they don't do theirs anymore. Same thing though - stuck at the removing files stage of the uninstall.I'm just off to bed, so will leave it overnight, but looks like its stuck again.

iain331081

I just tried installing the MySQLi server behaviours extension into DW2020 and that seems to have worked - I can now access the Database window. However, when I try to create a new connection I am getting an error. Its one I recognise as quite often happening when I was first doing this, but cannot remember how to resolve it. I have attached a screenshot below. I have checked and the MMHTTPDB.php file is present and correct at www.safarilink2018.com/public_html/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php. I have also tried reuploading the file above, and also mysql.php and WA_DBScript.php created locally in my config folder to the server, but that didn't resolve the issue.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I get FTP access? The error is odd. It looks like it might be an issue with an .htaccess file? I'd like to look into it.

iain331081

Thanks Ray. I've been back and forth with the hosting company too. They have been trying a few things, but no luck yet. They set some permissions, and had me change the MySQL Server in the settings from 'localhost' to the IP address of the server. They've had me install Telnet to try to connect, and I've just given them the output from that, which was:

Connected to no-rdns.speedyservers.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
J
5.6.45cPDFq)u??~"'@K8wnA;Cmysql_native_passwordConnection closed by foreign host.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like your site testing server URL in Dreamweaver is set wrong. It should be: http://www.safarilink2018.com/

It looks like you have: http://www.safarilink2018

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...