close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Confirmation email not received

Thread began 2/06/2020 1:29 pm by john70964 | Last modified 3/16/2020 2:31 pm by Ray Borduin | 1809 views | 39 replies |

john70964

Confirmation email not containing information

Hi Ray
I have some files that allow insert of items and an image, enter these in a database and then send an email to the sender and myself confirming details.
The procedure is carried out OK with the exception that the email that arrives does not contain any of the items entered.
I wondered if you can see why this should be.

I have attached the files

Many thanks

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It doesn't look like your email server behavior has any attachments added. Update the email server behavior on the
boat_insert_images_Free.php page and use the attachments button to add the attachment from your file upload field to include it in the email.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thank you Ray for the explanation,

I think I have opened the correct document but I am not sure of which selection to make from the select Data Bindings.
Thanks for the help.
John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Use the submitted file radio button to add the submitted file as an attachment to the email.

john70964

Hi Ray
I think I followed your instructions, but no detail appeared on thankyou.php when it arrived here from the website.
I am attaching the files and a picture.
Thanks
John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you didn't use the "Submitted File" radio... The attachment settings should look like the file I have attached.

john70964

Hi Ray,
When I run the insert pages the information goes into the database correctly and the image appears correctly in the updating permissions page, so the details have been recorded correctly.

Notification of the details should come to me in order I know an advert has been placed.
Until recently the email appeared but was empty of any detail.
After my amendments the email does not arrive at all. I just cannot see why this has happened. Obviously something I have changed.
I wonder if you can spot where I have gone wrong?
I am attaching the latest files hoping you can spot the problem.
----------------------
One strange occurrence, when I look at the files in ftp
webassist/mysqli/
On the localhost directory I have two files
queryobj.php Last modified 25 12 2018
rsobj.php Last modified 25 12 2018

On the remote directory I have
authentication.php Last modified 05/02/2020
queryobj.php Last modified 05/02/2020
rsobj.php Last modified 05/02/2020

So the remote is showing a later update than the localhost.
That seems unlikely?

Many thanks
John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have a redirect specified for your UPDATE server behavior that is causing the redirect to happen before the email can get sent. Remove the redirect from the MySQLi Update Record server behavior and add it to the Send Email server behavior instead so that the email has time to send.

john70964

Thanks Ray
I carried out the changes, uploaded via FTP but received this error.

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'Block_6.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5.6') in /homepages/37/d415519235/htdocs/boatsforsalenow/webassist/email/WA_Email.php on line 314
Please see attached files.
I wondered if the trigger should be changed to current page submit, I seem to remember that cropping up previously.
I also wondered in the SB Send Email if the text in the email body Block Template needs changing.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have to upload the page:
/webassist/email/templates/WebAssist-Block/Block_6.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...