close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTTP Error Code 406 Not Acceptable

Thread began 1/31/2020 4:22 am by QuiruNet | Last modified 2/08/2020 3:12 am by Ray Borduin | 1262 views | 5 replies |

QuiruNet

I have WebAssits version 2.3.5. And now always show me this message to conect with the database. I used dynamic Mysqli Connection. Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is probably an issue with the Dreamweaver Site Definition. If you export your site definition and send it as a private attachment I will be able to reproduce the problem and debug it for you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

QuiruNet

see attach. I how i can do it, every time i want to buid a web site. Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please upload your connection file so I can test it. So far I see that your testing server Web URL starts with http:// but your site is set to force https://

l can't confirm that is the only issue without the connection file to test as well.

QuiruNet

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Please upload your connection file so I can test it. So far I see that your testing server Web URL starts with http:// but your site is set to force https://

l can't confirm that is the only issue without the connection file to test as well.  

See atachments

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 406 Not Acceptable client error response code indicates that the server cannot produce a response matching the list of acceptable values defined in the request's proactive content negotiation headers, and that the server is unwilling to supply a default representation.

In layman's terms: I think your server has an access rule defined that is preventing Dreamweaver from browsing the site directly. It might be a ModSecurity setting that only allows browsers to access web pages (not Dreamweaver) as a security measure.

Who hosts the site? They may be able to access the ModSecurity log file to see the issue and enable dreamweaver to access the necessary database files. Dreamweaver tries to post to a hidden file in the _mmServerScripts directory. This error means that your server is rejecting the post and refusing to return the necessary data.

I tried to disable mod_security by adding a .htaccess file to the _mmServerScripts folder, but that didn't seem to work. I think your hosting company may be able to shed some light on it by looking at the server logs when accessing that folder.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...