close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I want the user to be able to buy gift cards for any amount. I also want users to be able to use gift cards as an alternative means of payment.

Thread began 1/06/2020 8:19 am by Jonas | Last modified 1/06/2020 10:21 am by Ray Borduin | 278 views | 1 replies |

Jonas

I want the user to be able to buy gift cards for any amount. I also want users to be able to use gift cards as an alternative means of payment.

I have updated to eCart6, and have now started using this.

Based on your eCart tutorials, I have customized my product catalog and shopping cart as I want it (it should be a booking system for a company offering drink tastings).

The next step is to create gift cards. Here I want the user to be able to buy gift cards for different sums. I also want users to be able to use gift cards as an alternative means of payment. How do I do this?

I have started looking at your guide: eCart Coupon series, and suspect that it is one of the tutorials that are not created (4 and 5), I should start from. Sad, because now it feels like I'm "on the move", so to speak - with this!

Since this project is a way for me to learn how to create a shopping system, I have chosen not to get paid from this customer. Therefore, unfortunately, I can not buy any consultant for this.

But if anyone could help me complete this, I would have been very grateful. Ideally, I'd like to do this on my own, starting from WebAssist's excellent tutorials.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I would work through it step by step and ask specific questions here when you get stuck.

The steps would be something like:
1) Allow customers to purchase gift cards and add them to a shopping cart
2) Save gift card purchases to the database after checkout so they can be retrieved later
3) Display a gift card balance for purchased gift cards
4) Allow users to apply gift card balances to shopping carts
5) Reduce the "amount" available in gift cards when they are used

This is going to be rough for you to pull off on your own, but it is possible. I think #5 is probably the most difficult step, but don't get too caught up in worrying about the next step. Do each step and work through your issues and whittle away at the problem and eventually it will be done.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...