close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

captcha error log

Thread began 12/10/2019 7:28 am by JBWebWorks | Last modified 12/11/2019 5:39 pm by Ray Borduin | 1069 views | 8 replies |

JBWebWorks

captcha error log

I host multiple websites on a vps server with ipower. I have been having problems with server space running out and tracked it to error log under the folder captcha under folder webassist. The error log shows over 60GB just in a short time. I delete the error log and get the server space back but it happens again. Not always the same website?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Forward the error log to me. I can correct the error and then it won't keep logging issues.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JBWebWorks

[10-Dec-2019 16:04:56 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WA_Captcha has a deprecated constructor in /home/kateflee/public_html/webassist/captcha/wavt_captchasecurityimages.php on line 3

I don't think that is the problem because the file went from 1.9 KB to 63GB overnight.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to see the large file to know... Can you attach it?

If you send me your copy of: wavt_captchasecurityimages.php then I can fix the problem and send it back to you.

JBWebWorks

the error log shows 59.05 GB and takes 8 hrs to download
I am sending the wavt_captchasecurityimages.php

Attached Files
wavt_captchasecurityimages.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Here is an updated version of that file that won't give that warning (attached). Maybe try replacing the file (rename it to all lower case like your version) and deleting the error log. Then catch the new error log (if any) before it is too large (try back in an hour) and then send me that file. If I have the log I should be able to determine what needs to be corrected.

Attached Files
WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php

JBWebWorks

I replaced the file for all the websites that I had on this server.
This is one of the errors from the log before I replaced the file.
PHP Warning: imagettftext() [<a href='plugins/function.imagettftext'>function.imagettftext</a>]: Could not find/open font in /home/wwwryanb/public_html/webassist/captcha/wavt_captchasecurityimages.php on line 149

This is the other of the errors from the log before I replaced the file. Mainly just these two errors.
PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WA_Captcha has a deprecated constructor in /home/four4par/public_html/webassist/captcha/wavt_captchasecurityimages.php on line 3

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The second error has been corrected. The first issue implies that the font you are using isn't uploaded. Does the CAPTCHA display properly? Can I get FTP access? That would allow me to debug it directly.

JBWebWorks

The Capcha displays properly.
That first error was from at least a year ago.
The second error was the most current so if the undated file corrected that error, then I should be ok.
Ray, thanks for fixing that.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...