close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver 2020

Thread began 11/08/2019 8:37 am by vernon webb | Last modified 11/22/2019 9:20 am by Ray Borduin | 522 views | 3 replies |

vernon webb

Dreamweaver 2020

Adobe just updated my Dreamweaver and removed all previous installations (UGH) and when opening any file it says: This will update the file on the testing server. Do you wish to continue? Stating that it would effect the using the page. Or something to that effect. Do I answer OK? Not really sure what this means. Also is DataAssist compatible with this version?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I installed DW 2020 and it seems to be working for me so far. Nobody has reported an issue for that update yet, but it just came out.

It did include an option to keep CC2019 installed when I did it, so you can always run both.

I think the update on the server message probably has to do with the default "live view" that they use. I think if you change it to design view it won't give you that message. I prefer design view anyway.

It could also be your site settings in the advanced tab if you have it set to automatically update files on the server when saving.

Either way it is probably fine to click "OK" to that message if you don't mind the extra time it takes to upload the files. I just turn off those two settings to prevent it and put files manually when I'm ready.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Robert Crespo

I was pleased that WebAssist products are working on Dreamweaver 2020. However, I cannot get DataBridge to activate. ECart activated just fine, but for some unknown reason DataBridge gives me an error when I enter my activation credentials. Is anyone else having an issue with product activation with Dreamweaver 2020?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just downloaded and installed this morning without issues. Are you getting a particular error message? I had someone else report an issue this morning, so there may be an issue, but I wasn't able to reproduce it, so I may need to do screen sharing to look into it with you if you continue to have problems.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...