close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I'm getting an Error in uiInitialize:

Thread began 10/17/2019 3:29 pm by BillHobbs | Last modified 4/08/2020 2:04 pm by Ray Borduin | 759 views | 13 replies |

BillHobbs

I'm getting an Error in uiInitialize:

I'm on a Mac and I started getting an error. The error is:
Error in uiInitialize:
TypeError: CONNECTIONS[conn] has no properties

Every time I try to run the Create Pages I get this error and it freezes up Dreamweaver CC 2018.

I reinstalled, but I still get the error.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This implies that the selected connection isn't valid. Do you have a connection selected? Are you able to test that connection? I'd probably need to do screen sharing to reproduce and debug the issue. You might try sending me your site definition and I could use that to download your connections and try to reproduce the error, but I'd need to reproduce it one way or another to debug what might be wrong with the connection file.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

BillHobbs

Here is the connection file. Yes, I've tested it and I can create a Recordset with it. It was working until yesterday when Godaddy was having an issue. It hasn't worked since then.

Attached Files
connSiteDB.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The connection file appears ok. I'll need to debug this with you in a screen sharing session. If you post a US phone number or Skype contact information, then I can call you and set up a time to look over this with you.

BillHobbs

here is my phone number

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tried calling, but got voicemail. When will you be available today? You can try calling me using the number at the bottom of this website and I'll do screen sharing to see if I can figure out what is going wrong.

PatriceWebAssist

Hi... I am experiencing the same thing. I am working on creating DataAssist pages for my back end, and suddenly it stopped responding. I deleted the MacFileCache but that didn't help. Next step will be to rename Configuration file, but I hate doing that because of having to reinstall so many extensions. Was there a solution to this issue that you can share? Thanks.

PatriceWebAssist

I saw today's note to the originator of this issue, Bill Hobbes, but his post was from last year. So if you are replying to my plea for help, you didn't call me. :-)

Please advise if you are replying to me or to Bill from last year. Thanks much, Al.

And it is monday and you have a ton of responses going on, so I can wait for another day. It isn't critical today.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry I had already worked with Bill last year and his testing server URL was wrong. We fixed it.

If you want to call me then I can screen share with you and try to find a solution.

PatriceWebAssist

Ok... maybe tomorrow. I had been in the process of doing all of this and it worked fine, until it didn't. I got the insert and update pages done, then when the details page was next, it failed. I save each set in DA as I go. So if there is a file to delete etc, let me know otherwise I'll get back to you for screensharing later in week.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...