close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 200 sub-directory Problems

Thread began 9/15/2009 4:09 pm by buzzellm352279 | Last modified 9/17/2009 2:12 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3920 views | 7 replies |

buzzellm352279

PowerStore 200 sub-directory Problems

Hello,

I purchased PowerStore 200 and I am setting it up using MAMP Pro as my dev/test platform to modify and test. I have placed in a subdirectory (PowerStore200) under root and change the wa globals as indicated in the instruction documentation but I am still not able to get the store or admin main screens to launch properly. When I type in the url index.php or index.php the urls keep dumping the index.php pages in my downloads directory instead of launching in the browser. Here are my waglobal settings:

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://localhost:8888/choices/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Choices" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "8899 University Center Ln Suite 330";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "New York";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "NY";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "92122";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAAXafbUiGiRYj0bogExLhVCRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXhHIE1NvwkxT5czkOfeMRZCjwJ7_QG4gFmJ1OGQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/PowerStore200/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/PowerStore200/";

As a test I setup a PowerStore2oo test site on my local server (MAMP Pro) and set it up as a standalone site ( all files at root and not in a sub-directory) with no problem. Everything launches fine. What am I missing? I need to have the store in a sub directory under root for easy admin of my dev/test site and once I load it onto the clients site.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

I'm not sure what your issue is. Are you having trouble setting up the store on your remote server site or are you having trouble setting it up locally?

"As a test I setup a PowerStore2oo test site on my local server (MAMP Pro) and set it up as a standalone site ( all files at root and not in a sub-directory) with no problem."

So you are able to get the site working locally? If that's the case, you will need to get the root url for your remote server and set this variable to it:
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL

If that's not what your situation is, could you please clarify?

buzzellm352279

Problem Getting PowerStore Solution to work from a subdirectory under root domain.

The problem is this.

I have loaded the Web Assist PowerStore solution and all its files in a directory called (PowerStore200) under my local (MAMP) web site choices/.

I have adjusted the waglobal parameters as shown:

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://localhost:8888/choices/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "Choices" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "8899 University Center Ln Suite 330";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "New York";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "NY";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "92122";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "US";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "ABQIAAAAXafbUiGiRYj0bogExLhVCRT2yXp_ZAY8_ufC3CFXh HIE1NvwkxT5czkOfeMRZCjwJ7_QG4gFmJ1OGQ";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/PowerStore200/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/PowerStore200/";

When I type in the localhost url to load the main store page into the browser( "http://localhost:8888/choices/PowerStore200/index.php" without the quotes ) the main page does not load into the browser as it should. In fact it does not load into the browser at all and I do not get any page error. The same is true when I try to access the PowerStore Admin page with this url "http://localhost:8888/choices/PowerStore200/Admin/index.php" without the quotes.

So the help that I need is if I am loading/storing the PowerStore200 solution in a sub-directory on my site under the root/public html ( choices ) directory what parameters do I need to adjust and how do I need to adjust them to make this work. The sample I provided above is how I currently have the parameters set based on my understanding of your instructions for sub-directory setups. Please advise if these are the correct waglobal setting changes or what correction do I need to make to the waglobal settings to make this work and/or if there is anything else setting wise page wise etc. that I need to change to make this work from a sub-directory under my localhost root domain.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Mike

Jimmy Wu

If the information you are giving me is correct, the globals file is set up correctly. Furthermore, if you are having trouble linking to the pages directly, this leads me to believe that either the host url is incorrect or that the files are not uploaded to the correct directory. Another possibility is that PHP is not set up correctly for this server.

The globals file will not affect how you access the files using direct urls. The Globals file is set up to correctly link to the different pages when clicking on the menu items, and other links on the site.

Have you hosted any other php pages on this server before?

buzzellm352279

Problem Getting PowerStore Solution to work from a subdirectory under root domain.

Jimmy,

Yes I do and everything is working fine. In fact I setup another copy of the powerstore solution in its own directory at its own root level not in a subdirectory ie. url "http://localhost:8888/PowerStore200/index.php" and everything works fine when setup this way. Main store page and admin page launch and respond as expected. It is only when the PowerStore Solution is in its own subdirectory below root that makes this problematic.

Have you tested or had other customers structure the powerstore solution files one directory down from root and work accordingly? I do have an index.php for my sites main home page at root but that should not be a problem for the PowerStore index.php located at the next level down in the site in it's own subdirectory. Corrrect?

Mike

Jimmy Wu

I have not seen any issue with the Powerstore being in a subdirectory of the root. I have tested this before and was able to get the store running smoothly, so that shouldn't be an issue.

The index.php in the root directory shouldn't cause any problems with the index.php in a subdirectory. Try putting in another file into the subdirectory and trying to access it directly using a similar url.

It could be a permissions error on the directory.

The page showing up as blank could also imply that there is an error occurring on the page.

Add the following code at line 1 of your page to turn on error reporting:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Then reload the page, it should show the php error that is occurring.

terry164844

Having same problem - but not picking up CSS

I have a domain that I put PS at. /toerings/ When I browse to the site index.php and Admin

It's not picking up the CSS.

I have the globals set at:

$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "http://www.imarketnike.com/toerings/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "/";

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Terry

Jimmy Wu

It looks like there are some css files that have not been uploaded to the correct location on your server.

Make sure that these two css files are uploaded into the css directory:
home.css
home_print.css

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...