close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist Has Stopped working -

Thread began 5/28/2019 12:31 pm by jim.young353872 | Last modified 8/23/2019 12:10 pm by Ray Borduin | 1044 views | 17 replies |

jim.young353872

Security Assist Has Stopped working -

I believe my files got corrupted --- I tried to unistall and reinstall but may have made the issue worse --- here's the error "Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on null in /home/wpscfadmin/public_html/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php on line 191"

I tried to uninstall and reinstall databridge but it may have gotten worse. the login.php will not even load anymore. I tried to make a rule change and that's when I noticed it stopped working. The changes was making "Level" Field >= 4 instead of >=2.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It sounds like it may be an issue with the database connection at least for the initial error.

I'd need FTP access and a url to debug a blank page. Usually I start by adding:

php:
<?php

ini_set
("display_errors",1);
?>

To the top of the page. That might allow the page to show the error information instead of just a blank page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jim.young353872

Forgot Password Page - Security Assist does not work

Here is some more background.

1. I recently moved to a new computer
2. I may have some issues with my WebAssist Installs.
3. I run both Dreamweaver CC 2015 and 2019 - security assist at least loads and appears to work under 2015 but fails under 2019.
4. I noticed issues when I tried to create a brand new set of security pages for a different domain and noticed that it was naming the login.php page as registration.php. Also the login.php page has no "forgot password".
5. The most recent issue and why I contacted you is that on the website that I have given you the FTP information for, I tried to change a sign on rule and the page just stopped working.
6. I have tried to unistall databridge but may have just made matters worse.
7. Under Dreamweaver CC 2015 I made a new login.php page but the "forgot password" word no longer shows up on the login page. I can get login now successfully but when I go to one of my pages that is protected I get the following error. "Fatal error: Call to a member function query() on null in /home/wpscfadmin/public_html/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php on line 191"

BTW - I am also having trouble with the create pages where you can auto create insert, edit, delete. The pages are created but the functionality does not work (Insert, edit, etc.).

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your third recordset on the page uses a different connection, and that connection include is below it on the page. I moved the connection includes to the top of the page and that appears to have fixed the problem.

jim.young353872

That makes sense. Thanks for the help. Still need to resolve the issue of security assist no loading in Dreamweaver 2019

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is probably a winfilecache issue. You may need to close dreamweaver, delete the cache file from the local users configuration folder and restart dreamweaver. That will usually fix this particular error.

jim.young353872

Security Assist is not the issue - recordsets are not working

Ray see my note below. Security assist is working but any recordset that has a filter is not working.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is probably a data type issue. Can I get FTP access to your site to debug?

You can turn on debug mode in your rsobj.php file to get a better error. Just open the file and you should find it near the top of the page.

jim.young353872

Login.php no longer working

Ray --- About three months ago I had the login.php not working on one of my sites.... I am now having a problem with another site. I was logging on and using the site this morning but when my session timed out I tried to log in again and could not. None of my employees can logon either. I tried recreating the pages but to no avail

jim.young353872

Login Issue

Originally Said By: jim.young353872
  Ray --- About three months ago I had the login.php not working on one of my sites.... I am now having a problem with another site. I was logging on and using the site this morning but when my session timed out I tried to log in again and could not. None of my employees can logon either. I tried recreating the pages but to no avail  

I have tried re-doing the login pages one more time and still have the problem. I have done this before and it has been successful in the past... I am not sure what has changed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...