close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

FB Security Feature Problems

Thread began 9/15/2009 9:11 am by paputxi | Last modified 9/21/2009 12:08 pm by Jimmy Wu | 4376 views | 6 replies |

paputxi

In trying to learn how to use FB, I have created two simple contact pages, one in HTML and the other in PHP format, and both have problems that I am hoping someone can tell me how to correct. I used the FB wizard and selected Contact then Simple Contact. I made no changes to the forms and then uploaded the whole site each time to make sure I didn't miss a file. I even set the permissions to the folder online to read-write, in case that need to be done, but I saw no change.

1. form1.html at form1.html displays the captcha image but does not display the security question.

2. form2.php at form2.php gets a parse error.

BTW, each form generated by FB looked different in DW. That is, for the PHP file, I see the validation coding in the Design window, but for the HTML file, there is none displayed. Is that normal?

Basic question: Can forms generated by FB be in either HTML or PHP format? Is one format preferred over the other?

And, do I need to set the online folder's permission to read-write in order for the forms to work?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The form should be ok to be created in either PHP or HTML. It depends on what you are doing with your site on what you should use. If you don't need any server side coding, you can just have your page in HTML, but if you need something to be done server side, you will need to use PHP.

What is on line 60 of form2.php?

paputxi

The code on lines 59-62 in form2.php are (thought you would want line 60 in perspective):

if (ValidatedField('form2','form2')) {
if () {
if (!(false)) {
?>

However, the php problem may be resolved, but the html problem still exists as I will explain below.

After rebooting my system, I created a new folder fb2 and (in reverse order from fb1) generated the form2.php first, uploaded it to form2.php and it works fine. (Hurray!) I then created form2.html, uploaded it to form2.html, but the security question still doesn't appear.

NOTE: When uploading the whole site (which I did each time when I generated a form in order that I didn't miss any updated files), I get a message indicating that the MOM_T.TTF file did not get upload, says "access denied", when uploading the html file. The font file is there and I did not get the message when I uploaded the php file. Looking at other threads, it appears that this file may only be affiliated with the captcha image and not having anything to do with the security question, correct?

So, I think rebooting my computer helped resolve at least part of the problem (at least for the php issue). But, now for how to solve the html file problem.

Any more thoughts? Again, thanks in advance.

paputxi

I may have spoken too soon.

To test out my theory, I just rebooted my computer, created an fb3 folder and then recreated the HTML form, uploaded it and it still doesn't show the security question (form3.html). I then created the PHP file, uploaded it (form3.php) and now I get the Parse error again (at line 60 again) like I originally did...as well as getting the error message (access denied) on trying to re-upload the MOM_T__.TTF file. So, both problems still exist.

Suggestions?

Also, general question: Since the site I am building will contain multiple (but different forms), should I also always (re-)upload the CSSFormBuilder, SpryAssets and WA_ValidationToolkit folders after generating each form?

Jimmy Wu

Yes, I would recommend uploading these directories every time you create a new form.

In the if() { part of the code, there should be some checks that are done on the validated field. I'm not sure why this code is not put in when you generate the form. For example, when I create the simple contact form, that same place I get this code generated:
if (ValidatedField('untitled','untitled')) {
if ((strpos((",".ValidatedField("untitled","untitled").","), "," . "1" . ",") !== false || "1" == "")) {
if (!(false)) {

Have you removed any validations or anything like that?

Also, earlier I may have mislead you when I said that the forms can be created in either html or php. Some of the form elements require a server language to be able to function correctly, so it is a better idea to work in PHP on the forms.

paputxi

I had made no changes (additions or subtractions) from the code.

Creating the form only in PHP instead of HTML seems to have resolved the problem. That is, perhaps using the tool to create both HTML and PHP forms, which require some elements of validation, into the same site somehow caused the conflicts as you indicated in your last comment.

You can now mark this thread RESOLVED. Thanks.

Jimmy Wu

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the form generated without issues in PHP.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...