close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Yearly or monthly subscription?

Thread began 9/15/2009 5:48 am by Brad Lawryk | Last modified 9/15/2009 12:20 pm by Ray Borduin | 7059 views | 15 replies |

Brad Lawryk

Yearly or monthly subscription?

What is the advantage a yearly subscription has over a monthly one?

Why not just pay the $19.99 whenever a major release is out instead of $199.99? Then basically all new extensions or major version upgrades would only cost $19.99 each (cheaper if more than one extension in the same month).

So if I had paid for a monthly subscription the Sculptor3 upgrade would only be $19.99 instead of the ridiculous $49.99? The hypothetically if a new version of DataAssist came out in two months I could pay another $19.99 and get that version too?

So wouldn't it make more sense to just pay the monthly when ever there is an upgrade or product you want instead of paying for the months that there are no upgrades or new products?

Sign in to reply to this post

roywurgley382617

are you saying to just sign up for monthly when something comes out, you have to pay an activation cost 99.99, each time, as far as monthly you save 40.00 on a yearly deal.

Brad Lawryk

Originally Said By: roywurgley382617
  are you saying to just sign up for monthly when something comes out, you have to pay an activation cost 99.99, each time, as far as monthly you save 40.00 on a yearly deal.  

Site says its a 'One time fee' for activation ..... if it isn't, then the site is very very very misleading to the public.

troyd

I will agree that some stuff on the WA web site is misleading. The biggest to me is the large subscription ad on the Solutions page, and solutions are not included in the subscription. I know it's not saying they are and it's just a banner ad, but it is misleading and I almost thought for a minute that Solutions were included. I don't think WA is implying it includes Solutions, it's just that as a site wide banner ad, it is very large. Obviously Solutions can not be included anyway, because if you cancel your subscription there is no way of deactivating a solution.

But as for the activation fee being one time. As I understand it the activation fee will activate your subscription. It's purpose is to prevent people from jumping back and forth or on and off of the subscription. So if you pay for one month and then cancel, the activation fee is null and void too. Then, if you resubscribe, they have to "reactivate" you. Therefore a new activation fee. It's only a one time fee if you continue your subscription without any laps.

I think that's correct anyway.
TroyD

anonymous

Originally Said By: roywurgley382617

I think you are misunderstanding the terms... you pay the activation fee ONCE... that's it... then you have an active account.

You can then choose to pay for your subscription on a monthly basis or on a yearly basis. For customers who are willing to commit to a year, WebAssist offers a slightly discounted rated at 199.99 per year as opposed to a monthly rate of 19.99 which will create an annual cost of 239.88. So, if you are willing to commit to a year and lay out the money upfront, you get a discount on your annual total.

In other words, you wouldn't be able to sign up for a month and then cancel the next month and still get use of the extensions... the extensions will only work if your subscription is current. Now you may not need to use the extensions all year and then, perhaps, a monthly lease where you use them when necessary is appropriate.

Brad Lawryk

Well, glad I asked ... says nothing anywhere on the site that I can find that says the extensions will not work once the subscription is up. Not even in the FAQ's.

So in reality you aren't owning or leasing. You are renting. When I lease I always have the option to own and keep it for myself. Not have to pay full price for it after I lease it either.

So basically what you are saying is that for $300 you can try our products out. If we decide that the subscription just isn't worth it after a year - we get nothing. We are then blackmailed into having to pay full price - yet again - to be able to maintain our sites we built while subscribing.

Seriously, I am trying to give WebAssist the benefit of the doubt here. I am seriously trying to use the products and find positives in them.

Something definitely smells rotten here. Oh, how I miss InterAKT. :-(

anonymous

Brad,

Actually the WebAssist site does cover what you asked under the FAQ... there is a question that states: "If I cancel my subscription to the Extension Library, can I continue to use the products and premium content?"

The answer says, "No. Once your subscription ends you will no longer have access to the software."

Also keep in mind, WebAssist has stated that any code you have created - even after you cancel a subscription - WILL continue to work.

I don't think that is being blackmailed, personally... and anyone can still buy the extensions outright just like before if the subscription is not for them. Believe me, I debated which route to go as I already owned SuperSuite for some time... so I went back and took a look at all the products that WebAssist had released since I purchased and found that I purchased the majority of new products and major updates and found that the costs of buying all the new stuff each year (this is for my situation) would cost more than just keeping an annual subscription going.

Just some thoughts... hope you get it figured out for your situation.

Best regards,

Brian

Jimmy Wu

Correct, each time you activate after you cancel the subscription you will have to pay the activation fee. It is a one time fee in the sense that you will not have to pay for it again as long as you keep the subscription going.

If you already own the products, and also decide to get the subscription model to get the upgrades, you will be able to use the extensions still even after you cancel the subscription.

The subscription model was created so that there is a lower price to be able to try the products and use the products to see if they are the right tools for you. If you are not ready to purchase the suite, you can instead go for the subscription model until you decide if you want the product or not.

Travis250923

Am I understanding this correctly? I bought the SuperSuite a while back. I have Site Assist 3 and CSS Sculptor 1. Does that mean I could sign-up for the monthly subscription, get the upgrades for these and then continue to use the upgraded version once the month is up because I owned them previously?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is not correct. You would only have an active serial number for the newer versions under the subscription program, which would become inactive once you stop paying for the subscription.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...