close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Sculptor crashes Dreamweaver

Thread began 9/14/2009 10:06 am by GaryDCoxDFW | Last modified 9/18/2009 2:09 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3865 views | 8 replies |

GaryDCoxDFW

CSS Sculptor crashes Dreamweaver

Getting the following window:Error

Then Close window then I get error2 window then dreamweaver CS4 crashes

Running Vista Untimate core quad 8 gig memory.

I have gone in and renamed the configuration file and let it rebuild this has occured on CSS Sculptor 2 and now 3 pallet picker and mento is affected too. These are the only Webassist applications affected all else work.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

What was the last extension that you had installed? Were there any errors when you were installing this? Did you select yes to all for the conflicts when installing?

GaryDCoxDFW

Answered yes to all conflicts. I was always told to install CSS Sculptor last.

Jimmy Wu

With Dreamweaver closed, try deleting the WinFileCache####.dat file located in your configuration folder.

GaryDCoxDFW

Still having problems

I had started trouble shooting the issue wit your email I had allready removed all web assist extensions, by then i got you email them deleated the cache.data file then re installed the sxtensions, as you can seestarting in order ( I am sorry i messed up on the error 5 with a duplicate that should be 6) I screen savedeach error, Dream weaver did load this time I closed it and got the error code typical of a windows crash this is one of the duplicate error 5 errors. Let's now talk about install order I have all the extensions so I installed them, but as Ihave been told I installed CSS Sculptor dead last and this was version 3.0 the latest. I like to send screen shots I know it hels yo see wht is going on, and helps you trouble shoot the problem. for the order I installed the extensins you can look at my last order, I started at the first serial number skipped CSS Sculptor went on then did it last if this helps. If I can help you any more let me know this is a strange one.

Jimmy Wu

Try renaming the Configuration folder with Dreamweaver and Extension manager closed. This will have the effect of disabling all the extensions you have installed. After this, try installing just Sculptor and test to see if there are any errors. If there aren't, try installing the rest of the extensions.

When were you instructed to always install Sculptor as the last extension?

GaryDCoxDFW

Think I found the problem programmer need to reasearch and confirm

I Deleted the config file then started dreamweaver, then closed, then installed sculptor and restarted Dreamweaver, all was fine, I then reloaded each none webassist extension til I found and error message t change a file it turned out to be the ones in the first screen capture, I then said yes to the windows restarted dreamweaver got the error message. Went back started all over again deleteing the config sys file same procedure, except said no to the windows restarted dreamweaver, no error nothing wrong, proceedure with all non web assist extensions, loading dreamweaver after each extension was loaded and closing it before loading it, did this for each one, confirmed this was the extensions causing the problem. I then loaded the web assist extensions all worked then had problem with site import seems to be a seperate issue soI turned it in on another ticket, Please let meknow what you think and why these extension are causing such a scrw up with web assist products, but they are the issue. Thanks.

GaryDCoxDFW

The other screen shots

Here is the rest of the screen shots.

Jimmy Wu

I have created a backend support ticket for you. To check this, log into your account on www.webassist.com and check your support history.

Please provide contact information as instructed in the first post of that ticket.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...