close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Create a Forum

Thread began 9/14/2009 12:44 am by jegoadby285710 | Last modified 10/07/2009 9:29 am by Daryl | 3495 views | 8 replies |

jegoadby285710

Create a Forum

Id like to create a Forum like this one.

Are Webassist thinking of producing something that may be able to do this? or and suggestions would be most welcome.

And also a behaviour to create a pdf from dynamic content in a php webpage.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

Check out vbulletin or phpBB, those are some of the most common forums out there.

David CHnet.com

Some hosts have <forums> pre-installed

All the functionality of these forums is pre-installed by some hosting companies. With ours you just pop in to the Admin console, activate an option, and everything works on via the URL forums.mydomain.com.

Our hosts are based in Geneva Switzerland and charge 80 euros per year per domain (correct Sept 09) for all you could want and more. This is just one of many scripts they offer pre-installed, including chat and a basic store.

Perhaps your hosts already offer this, or perhaps you could change to one?

Otherwise, every script I need I have always found something Open Source and satisfactory. Try searching for "php open source forum".

DarylBeta Tester

Originally Said By: jegoadby285710
  And also a behaviour to create a pdf from dynamic content in a php webpage.  

I would like this too as all of the other options out there are very hard to configure, and from what I can tell Site Scribe only work on your machine and not on your server to allow users to be able to create pdf style reports.

David CHnet.com

Creating PDF from PHP on the fly

This works well for me ...
www.fpdf.org/

Good luck

PaulBeta Tester

The open source options previously mentioned, require seperate login, so if one were running a registration site with protected content for example, another login would just frustrate the visitor.

I think if WA pursued a commercial forum to compliment it existing products, therw would be sufficicient interest - at the right price of course!

Maybe worth lobbying your users WA huh?

DarylBeta Tester

Originally Said By: David CHnet.com
  This works well for me ...
www.fpdf.org/

Good luck  

I'm aware of fpdf but have found that getting the right output is difficult when using repeat regions and formatted table cells.

I think that a WA extension that had the normal type of wizard would be far much more appealing and less time consuming.

PaulBeta Tester

Darly,

Aplologies, I failed to explain my post.

My response was with regards to the earlier post in the thread concerning forums.

Paul.

DarylBeta Tester

No apology needed Paul, I understand what your response was regarding, but my reply was in response to the item in this thread...

....confused :confused: ;)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...