close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

transaction failed

Thread began 9/11/2009 11:31 am by mike292921 | Last modified 9/15/2009 1:29 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4635 views | 10 replies |

mike292921

transaction failed

I ment Transaction Not complete

I am new, I have my api set correctly with sandbox and set up the checkout method?

What can I do to fix this problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

See the "Debugging eCart Transaction Failed issues" tutorial in the how To Section of the eCart support page:
ecart/

mike292921

Thanks Again, Again Jason

Funny I redid the checkout wizard guess what the paypal express worked, yes it worked!.

I however can't get the paypal direct payment form to work. They both are supplied with paypal payment pro right?, I am using the sandbox to test now because this is a first and have to make sure I can do this.

How does direct payment work paypal takes care of it right, how can I get this to work.

Just going to ask I set up a paypal sandbox api account I created a buyer account it gives me a fake visa to test but what do I do to fill it out as far as name and whatever. There is no csv code so I was told to use any number. This could be why I am having an issue.

Also, maybe I type the card date wrong don't I use for example 03 then 2009?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Debugging eCart Transaction Failed issues tutorial will help us determine what may be wrong, have you followed the steps in that tutorial to get the response back from paypal? Until we know what the response from paypal is we dont have enough information to guess at what the problem is.

mike292921

I see

I understand what you are saying.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Let us know when you have the response binding in place so we can help decipher what is wrong.

mike292921

Jason

Ok Jason, I am learning.

Right now I am getting the 10501 error This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. I didn't sign up for a paypal pro membership yet because well I am still kinda fearful of doing so. If I sign up this 10501 code should not appear I guess.

I have a couple questions.
1. paypal direct. Will paypal generate the receipts for me or will I have to set this up.
2. I hear paypal direct will auto ssl my page or I think. Am I responsible to apply ssl.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What country are you in?

PayPal direct Payments is only availabel for Merchants in the US and UK.

If you are in the US or UK and sign up for paypal payments pro, you should not get that error.

PayPal will not supply an SSL Certificate for your site, you would need to do this on your own.

mike292921

Thanks Jason

(laughing)I need that, yes I am in the U.S its supplied. I am testing sandbox but I believe I am getting this error because I have yet to sign up for the paypal payment pro I am using standard because its less technical. So I don't want to take down my website without testing my abilities first and saying well this didn't work out.

As far as ssl is it as easy as just putting the files into the secure folder secure.checkout.com it will create ssl but will it be secure? I have no idea how it really works but I know how to create an ssl passthrough, hope I am not confusing you and appreciate everything Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, you will get that error message if you do not have a Paypal Pro account. Without a paypal pro account, you cannot use Paypal Direct payments services.

When you purchase an SSL Certificate, it will be installed on your server. Your host will create a directory for you to upload pages that will be served when accessing the site using the HTTPS protocol. You need to upload the checkout pages to this directory. to access the pages using a secure connection, use https instead of http in the URL:
page.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...