close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

dreamweaver cc 2018

Thread began 4/23/2019 7:16 am by shakasha | Last modified 4/30/2019 2:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 968 views | 18 replies |

shakasha

dreamweaver cc 2018

I am using DMXzone Extension Manager and have Design Extender install, but when I install Data Bridge 2.3.5 there is some missing features. In particular any email message formatting.

Am I doing something wrong??

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What do you mean by email message formatting? What exactly is missing from which interface?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

shakasha

Attached is what I have under WebAssist with Design Extender AND Data Bridge installed.

I built a contact form and it sends, but there is no way to build the email message.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Choose "Send Email" from the menu.

shakasha

That worked as far as setting up the basic email settings, but once you select the template there is nothing else that follows through. With Universal Email it would take you to a process where you could design the message. But now, NOTHING. The email sends, but the template is just the template.

I created a blank template based on some older forum discussions, but it is blank. I cannot go into it and server behaviors are empty.

Likely I'll hand code it after some non-WebAssist PHP research, I'm a fair coder, but spent most of the morning expecting to have an email form ready to demo for a meeting and had only a nice form layout. With the old Universal Email I have paid for and enjoyed for years before I upgraded to Dreamweaver CC 2018 and lost, it would take 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish.

UGH! I lost my tools I have loved for years and it appears they are gone forever.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Now you can edit the email body from a page within dreamweaver. That page can be whatever you want. It is fully customizable. There is no lost functionality. It should be easier than it was before.

shakasha

You said, "Now you can edit the email body from a page within dreamweaver."

Hand coding without any WebAssist tools? OK, yea, I can work on that. There are no server behaviors that come up.

So all the tools I paid for over the years are lost. Now I can hand code or look for another development tool? Upgrading to 2018 destroyed what I paid for in the past.

Are you telling me I am screwed with Dreamweaver CC 2018? Or do you have a tip? please share with me and everyone else who may read this thread.

I feel like you are telling me I am on my own. You saw my screenshot on what I have after installing Design Extender and Data Bridge. But there is nothing there that has WebAssist tools to help me "edit the email body" at all.

Thank you. I hope you or someone else at WebAssist has a solution.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm confused. You can use literally every webassist extension and every other tool available in Dreamweaver to edit your email body now that it is opened as a separate page. We didn't used to have a tool for editing an email body, now you have all of the tools Dreamweaver has to offer.

If you want to edit the email body, just open the Email Server Behavior and note the body file. Then you can open that file and edit it freely using all of the tools at your disposal inside Dreamweaver.

shakasha

When I go to the message page and click on Sever Behaviors I get a series of error messages beginning with this one attached. Once I click through the rest of them there are no server behaviors displayed.

I used Universal Email for years and it worked great. It's supposed to be in the Data Bridge package, but it is not in the WebAssist list.

shakasha

This is the only PHP in the entire message page:

<?php
$remove = array();
$remove[] = "";
$remove[] = "x";
$remove[] = "y";

$removeBegins = array();
$removeBegins[] = "Security";

$removeEnds = array();
$removeEnds[] = "_x";
$removeEnds[] = "_y";

$removeIncludes = array();
$removeIncludes[] = "Security";
?>

I'm using the default Block.php page, but also created a blank page that does the same thing.

I've seen this on the WA help pages, "The Create Email Message functionality in DataAssist...", but Data Assist does not show up in the WebAssist list in my Dreamweaver CC 2018 either,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...