close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataAssist Pages Broken

Thread began 3/12/2019 8:32 am by vernon webb | Last modified 3/14/2019 12:44 pm by Ray Borduin | 566 views | 7 replies |

vernon webb

DataAssist Pages Broken

I created a set of pages using the DataAssit Pages. I've inserted an item into the database and as soon as it went to the details page it was broke. It also does not show up in search results, however when I open the recordset with Dreamweaver to see if the record was actually inserted it was indeed there. Point being there are records, but they are not showing.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'll need FTP access to debug this issue. Please update all threads with updated FTP information where I've requested it and I can look into them individually.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

vernon webb

Updated...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The wizard didn't complete or run properly. It looks like the recordset that is supposed to be on the details page is on the results page. I'd re-run the wizard and see if it creates the pages properly this time.

vernon webb

I did it again, but it seems to have still gone awry. Everything but detail page seems to be working right.

vernon webb

I looked at this page and for some reason the recordset was not created using the wizard. I went in and manually created it. I also had to remove:

<div>
<div>This record has been removed.</div>
</div>
<hr/>

since the record was not being deleted. There was nothing around it that stated it should be displayed if...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Maybe go to WebAssist->Preferences and update your Wizard Settings to increase the delay while running the wizard. Sometimes it can run too fast for Dreamweaver to keep up and produces inconsistent results.

vernon webb

I will if I need to right now I manually fixed it, it was more an FYI to you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...