close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

userupdate page / using 'Double Opt In' - page error

Thread began 3/08/2019 6:54 am by s.joiner74419001 | Last modified 3/15/2019 8:34 am by Ray Borduin | 1097 views | 18 replies |

s.joiner74419001

userupdate page / using 'Double Opt In' - page error

I have adapted a registration system with the 'Double Opt In' system as per your Tutorial. There is an error with when the user clicks the verification link in the email they are sent. It re-directs to the correct page to confirm but the wrong message is being displayed which is;

"Your email verification link has expired. Click here to have a new link sent for verification"

Even though the database gets updated correctly. Any Ideas?

page is here:
https://www.lease-assn.org/emailconfirm.php

Plus the Userupdate page has an SQL error when the re-send link is clicked. This seems to be caused by the 'update' behaviour but i can't work out why.

page is here:
https://www.lease-assn.org/members/userupdate.php

Ive attached a PDF with ftp and database details.

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

s.joiner74419001

Ray, I have found the issue with the 'email verification' message display. It was caused by the variables in the query ( recordset ) being in the wrong order. Still have the issue with the 're-send link' on the userupdate page.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't see a re-send link on the update page at all. Is there another page I should look at to see the error?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

s.joiner74419001

Its at the top of the 'main-content' area. Ive just had a look and the error seems to have corrected. But the se-sent verification link in the email is not working properly. Probably best I take another look at myself and save messing you about, Just to double check everything. If I still have problems Ill get back to you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I still don't see the link...https://www.lease-assn.org/members/userupdate.php

I see the randomString and emailVerified fields are uneatable... that usually wouldn't be exposed. Does the sent link look correct? I don't have enough information to debug it at this point.

s.joiner74419001

Ok firstly are we getting our wires crossed here. Just to confirm ... "https://www.lease-assn.org/members/userupdate.php" you're looking for.. thats how I read your last message.

Ok so to clarify.

- the verification email is triggered by a ‘before page load’ from the pp_confirm.php page.

- User clicks the link in the email to verify email and the can login.

From here I am clicking the link in the email a second time to see if the correct message displays but I am now getting an error in the SQL syntax. Not sure what’s causing this.

I’m now not even getting to test the userupdate page because of this error. A bit strange as it was the same error I was previously getting on the userupdate page.

Ive attached the pages.

I have also given you sandbox buyer details in PM so you can go through the process yourself from scratch from the application page -
https://www.lease-assn.org/application_r.php

Attached Files
emailconfirm.php
userupdate.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The trigger for the update should be checking that there is a result in the $rsVerify recordset. I updated that on line 20 and that appears to fix the issue.

s.joiner74419001

Thanks Ray.. Ok so the SQL error is corrected. I don't understand the change because the trigger was set to the URL variable "id" which is exactly how it is instructed in the tutorial ( see attached screenshot ). I have used the double opt in technique on numerous occasions with this setting and it has been fine, so what is different here.

Also Ray the message that is in a "Show if mysqli recordset is empty" server behaviour is not showing.

Any ideas why?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The tutorial is wrong. You only want to do the update if the rsVerify recordset has a result It probably was ignored in previous versions, so it didn't matter as much before the mySQLi update. Can you send me the link to the tutorial? I'll update it.

Re-install DataBridge and I think the missing trigger will be available.

s.joiner74419001

Ok thanks.

Tutorial is here:
http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Double-opt-in-registration

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...