close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Continue with PayPal immediately direting to checkout_failure.php?

Thread began 2/27/2019 4:00 pm by Nathon Jones Web Design | Last modified 3/12/2019 6:18 pm by Ray Borduin | 1957 views | 31 replies |

Nathon Jones Web Design

Continue with PayPal immediately direting to checkout_failure.php?

I've set up eCart on the following website, which requires you to complete the form in full (I'm afraid)…
https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/health-screening-form.php?tab1=1

Once you "Add to Cart", after completion of the above form, you are directed to:
https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/health-screening-form-checkout.php

...which is a customised version of checkout.php (which is available on the server at https://www.sportsmedicalcertificates.com/checkout.php).

I ran the checkout wizard, as advised, and entered Sandbox details for now, however when I choose the PayPal option and opt to proceed, it takes me straight to checkout_failure.php.

I'm also having some problems, since I customised the page a bit, when selecting between PayPal or Card payment (the address doesn't display sometimes, and the PayPal button remains in view when it should be being hidden).

Would you be able to get this part of the website working for me Ray, in a Premium Support session?

Firstly, I need to get it all working with the client's Sandbox details so that they can test it.

Upon successful payment, by whichever means, I need to update an order table however, unique to this project, I don't need to save order details to database, prior to payment, because I'm already storing all that via the form that's completed before you get to payment.

I'll put FTP details in a private window below, database connection details etc.
Let me know when you'd be free to help with that.

Thank you.
NJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Nathon Jones Web Design

Further details below...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In the file:

/webassist/ecart/credentials/gateways.php

I saw your account wasn't set to use testmode. I updated that on line 5 and now it appears to go to paypal properly. I can also see that you haven't put in your live credentials yet. You should put those in and when you are going to go live it should be as easy as changing line 5 of that file to false.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Nathon Jones Web Design

Was there an option to toggle test mode on/off in the Checkout Wizard? I clearly missed it! :)

Was this the only file you edited?
/webassist/ecart/credentials/gateways.php

Thank you.
NJ

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes and yes.

Nathon Jones Web Design

When the payment is processed by PayPal, and the user is directed to checkout_success.php, what information is sent to this page from PayPal?

I need to store in database, at the very least, the PayPal transaction ID.

In my orders table I have already generated an orderID, before the payment takes place, and I also have a form reference ID. Will I need to pass these to PayPal, so that they are returned and I can, therefore, set up an UPDATE behaviour to update the order and insert the PayPal transaction ID?

Thank you.
NJ

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No data is passed to the success page... The data is passed to the pp_confirm.php page. You should save any database details on that page. You can use the bindings panel on that page to show you all of the values that are passed to it by paypal.

With express checkout your SESSION is maintained, so you don't have to pass the orderID or form reference to paypal, you can just save them in the session and they will still be available on the pp_confirm.php page.

Nathon Jones Web Design

When is pp_confirm.php called in the process?

Add to Cart > View Cart > Checkout > PayPal > ? <something here> > checkout_success.php

I see the "Transaction Response from PayPal Express Checkout" in Bindings. So, all of those details are returned to pp_confirm.php?

I'll work through it and come back to you. Thank you Ray.
NJ

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Paypal returns you to the pp_confirm.php page, but that page is never displayed and it redirects you to the success.php page. The purpose of that page is to have somewhere to insert data into the database and send emails before the success page is displayed.

Nathon Jones Web Design

The order already exists in the order table, because this website allows customers to 'pay later'.
Is this going to cause problems with the Store Cart Summary in Database behaviour?

Also because, unique to this website, there is only one product I don't need the Store Cart Details behaviour.

Will this all need a bit of custom coding?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...