close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need help with SQL syntax errors

Thread began 2/27/2019 3:07 pm by gail.bergan407744 | Last modified 2/28/2019 1:01 pm by Ray Borduin | 483 views | 7 replies |

gail.bergan407744

Need help with SQL syntax errors

Hi,

All of a sudden I'm having an issue with a few PHP pages that have worked for years. They are pages that pull member info from a database, allow the admins or individual members to alter the info, then post back to the database. For some reason, after changing the data, the form is not posting back but is giving the error message: "There is an error in your SQL syntax." Our server administrator, who is not a developer, says after checking the syntax in the two forms throwing the error, says he gets this response:

$GCSMembership_i = mysqli_init();
if (defined("MYSQLI_OPT_INT_AND_FLOAT_NATIVE")) $GCSMembership_i->options(MYSQLI_OPT_INT_AND_FLOAT_NATIVE, TRUE);
$GCSMembership_i->real_connect($hostname_GCSMembership_i, $username_GCSMembership_i, $password_GCSMembership_i, $database_GCSMembership_i) or die("Connect Error: " . mysqli_connect_error());

He doesn't know what this means nor do I. I am using DW CS 6 and your WebAssist MySQLi add-on. Something has gone south because as I said, these forms were working fine before. I am attaching one form that is processing changes correctly with no errors (update_self.php) and two forms that are giving errors (update_user.php and update_lapsed.php) in the hopes that someone can spot the problem.

Thank you in advance,

Gail

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update the rsobj.php file and find that line that sets ->Debug = false... update that to true and you should get a better error message that I might be able to help with.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gail.bergan407744

Hi Ray,

It already is set to true. Now what?

Gail

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try setting it in the queryobj.php file as well... maybe the error is on update? I'd need FTP access and a URL to reproduce to debug it from here.

gail.bergan407744

OK I've updated the queryobj.php file and uploaded. Please see PM below.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Then we will have to do a screen share in a premier support ticket to resolve this. I'm going to have to browse the pages on the web and see the errors as I make adjustments to the files.

gail.bergan407744

see pm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The column name reference in the code was encapsulated in ` characters. This caused issues because the latest version of queryobj.php automatically adds those, so it caused repeated characters. We fixed the problem by removing the extra characters.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...