close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Even the white page with the sample static charts don't work

Thread began 9/10/2009 10:26 pm by kakadong | Last modified 9/23/2009 8:54 am by Jason Byrnes | 7675 views | 11 replies |

kakadong

Even the white page with the sample static charts don't work

I open a file and want to try if DWC works ,
then i got this error...

see the pic
any information you need shown on the pic .....

Sign in to reply to this post

kakadong

str_replace("&","?,$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'')

=> str_replace("&","?",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'')

two place,

then no syntax error

but nothing appears ...........

check it in IE, and nothing appears ....

why the code generate by DWC make so obvious mistake??

and nothing appear???

can anyone help me..?

tom92909Beta Tester

The first thing I notice is that you are missing the following line in your <head>

html:
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>

and of course you need to make sure that the .js file is located on the server in the proper path.

Lastly, I did a real quick check for myself with a functional chart I created a few weeks ago using Digital File Pro v2.0.1. I have created a screenshot for you to examine. I assure you it is fully functional utilizing my data coming from a MySQL XML feed with a GET submission calling a specific record ID.

I hope that what I've provided comes of some assistance to you.

Wow, that image attachment is unusable. Let's try straight code instead.

html:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>
<body>
<p>
<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0','width','720','height','460','src','DynamicWebCharts/open-flash-chart?data=DynamicWebCharts/Data/graph_dataparser1.php?<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"GET=".str_replace("&","§",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'');?>','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','DynamicWebCharts/open-flash-chart?data=DynamicWebCharts/Data/graph_dataparser1.php?<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"GET=".str_replace("&","§",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'');?>' ); //end AC code
</script>
<noscript>
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="720" height="460"><param name="movie" value="DynamicWebCharts/open-flash-chart.swf?data=DynamicWebCharts/Data/graph_dataparser1.php?<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"GET=".str_replace("&","§",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'');?>" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><embed src="DynamicWebCharts/open-flash-chart.swf?data=DynamicWebCharts/Data/graph_dataparser1.php?<?php echo (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"GET=".str_replace("&","§",$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']):'');?>" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="720" height="460"></embed>
</object>
</noscript>
</p>
</body>

kakadong

Thanks for helping me...

but , can you tell me where the AC_runactivecontent.js is...

I don't have the file...

tom92909Beta Tester

Adobe/Macromedia created the AC_RunActiveContent.js to resolve a Flash Player issue with Internet Explorer. I'm not certain if Microsoft has resolved the issue on their end, but I still believe that having this file available is necessary.

I think you should be able to find the file locally on your PC with a simple search... But try looking at the following location first;

Windows XP / Dreamweaver CS3
--------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\ActiveContent\IncludeFiles

I hope that helps.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The script is not needed in his sample because it using the object method to create the flash object and not the javascript method.

I am not able to reproduce the syntax errors that are being added to your page. We will need to look into this with your further to determine the cause. I have created a support ticket for this. To view and edit your support incident, log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

kakadong

Before any complain ...
Thanks for helping .....

I found the js file
and i copy all your code then paste ...
but it still nothing appears ....

I see the gsg.pdf
it didn't tell me what to do ....

I just want to make a very simple chart on my page ,
but I still don't get one ...

And they tell me don't need any computer language can use the extension well ??????

lie = ="

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I understand you frustration. I have created a support ticket so we can look into the cause of the problem. Please log into your support history to view and edit your ticket:
supporthistory.php

kakadong

In my home, the DWC works perfectly with DW4
but when I am in my office , I got a blank page again...
nothing goes error ....

but nothing appears....

Home: WIN 7 DW4 (english)

Office: WINXP DW4 (english)

thanks for open a ticket for me .
when I am at home , I install DW4 (english) and use DWC happily.
but when I am in office , It become nightmare ....
blank,blank,blank,blank again.....
can any one help me??

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Please log into your support history to add information to your ticket:

supporthistory.php

an engineer will need to contact you to look into this issue with you to find the cause.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...