close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Multiple language database setup?

Thread began 11/07/2018 6:26 am by tony | Last modified 11/10/2018 9:33 am by Ray Borduin | 213 views | 1 replies |

tony

Multiple language database setup?

Hello,
I need to create a multiple language product page and I'm setting the database now.
What is the best approach to get the best results with WA DB2?
I would create a product main table with all product fields that do not need translation.
And then I would create a product tanslation table containing all fields that are translatable along with the language field and the product_id foreign key field.
But how can I do this with WA DA pages?

Example:
I create a basic set of admin pages using WA DA pages using the main product table.
In the Insert page I would add a repeat region that will loop all languages and would display all fields from the translation product table.
Then I add a second insert record behaviour (or multiple insert record) to the page.
I think I need to remove the redirect from the first insert record server behaviour and set the proper redirect for the second insert.

Is this correct, or is there a better way to do this?

TIA
tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This sounds like a good solution. It would probably require a little bit of hand coding to do this efficiently. If you had one insert or update server behavior and looped on the supported languages... then you could name the form elements with the appended language id and loop through updating all of them.

This is something I could help with in a premier support ticket. It is definitely possible, but requires some careful setup and a few lines of code by hand to pull off. The heavy lifting can be done with Data Bridge, but some of the intricacies need to be done by hand. Do the database the way you are describing since that seems like a logical structure.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...