close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I have just upgraded my Databridge. Now I can't edit any new Emails I create

Thread began 11/02/2018 4:53 am by georgina_barrett_187762 | Last modified 11/06/2018 4:24 pm by Ray Borduin | 996 views | 5 replies |

georgina_barrett_187762

I have just upgraded my Databridge. Now I can't edit any new Emails I create

I can create a new 'Send Email' using the Server behaviours: Webassist > Send Email. However once I click finish I don't get the popup that allows me to edit the email body.

The code is added to my page (see attachment) but there is no way of editing it. Nothing appears in my server behaviours panel to allow me to click and edit it. I have tried it on different page but with each one I have the same problem. I have uploaded all the files Webassit creates ie webassist > email > templates and phpmailer. I have tried using a template for the body and selecting my own blank file, but nothing works.

Sign in to reply to this post

georgina_barrett_187762

I restarted Dreamweaver and now I can see the edit server behaviour.

How do I edit the body of the email if I have used a blank php page?

Do I edit the page as normal ie in Dreamweaver rather than through the send email behaviour as i did before? If that is the case where do I put the php scripts and recordsets that I want to use when I send the email - in the original page or the new php page I am using for the body of the email?

I have also tried to create a new email using one of the predefined templates but again I can't find how to edit the email body - it only allow you to preview the email not edit it,.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, you can open and edit the body page in dreamweaver just like any other page now. You can add the recordsets directly to the email body page, or if you want to use a recordset from the original page you just need to declare it on the top of the email body page like:

<?php
global $Recordset1, $Recordset2;
?>

That way you can use any variables from the main page in the email as well.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

georgina_barrett_187762

Thank you. I have added <?php
global $imminentbalance, $emailone, $emailtwo, $emailthree;
?> at the top of the email body to pull in variables from the main page. $imminentbalance works because it is set before the DOCTYPE in the main page. the others ($emailone; $emailtwo; $emailthree) don't work - as they are set in the body of the main page, within a repeat region. Is there a way to make these work in the email body? I get this error when the email comes through...

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/horizontravelco/public_html/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 28

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/horizontravelco/public_html/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 32

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/horizontravelco/public_html/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 37

I also seem to be having trouble adding recordsets to the email body page itself. If I add <?php require_once('../Connections/horizon_i.php'); ?> and
<?php require_once('../webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php'); ?> to the email body I get an error when submitting the form to send the email and if I don't include a connection script I get this error...

Notice: Undefined variable: horizon_i in /home/horizontravelco/public_html/webassist/email/templates/Blank.php on line 5

Fatal error: Call to a member function Prepare() on null in /home/horizontravelco/public_html/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php on line 175

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can add $horizon_i to the globals and that should fix the issue creating record sets.

Any variables that aren’t defined before the email sends would have to be moved into the email body file and defined there as well.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

georgina_barrett_187762

Ah - I see. Great thanks it works.

I just wanted to say that I am really liking the new email server behavior - now I am getting to grips with how it works :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...