close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Connection Issues

Thread began 10/31/2018 5:42 am by dhagood355349 | Last modified 11/05/2018 10:13 pm by Ray Borduin | 1219 views | 6 replies |

dhagood355349

Connection Issues

I have this happen off and on. One day work using DataAssist no issues. Next day it will not connect, nothing has changed!

The error message doesnt say what is wrong. Web connects fine, test server connects fine, connection file connects fine.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I couldn't say without screen sharing. Are you using a live remote site or a local testing server? It could be that you haven't started your testing server? If you want help looking into it, give me a call when the issue is happening and I can do screen sharing to debug why.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dhagood355349

Connection Issues

The _mmServerScripts had mysql_connect and not mysqli. Removed extension, renamed, Configuration directory, reinstalled extension, started working again.

When this error occurs it should point to these files as the issue not DW or the Server.

dhagood355349

Question

Ray, I need some help, look all over the web but I think you might be able to help me. I'm not a coder so I'm sure a coder can do this with ease.

On detail page can math be applied when the page opens? I need to take one field, subtract another field to fill in that value into third field.

The example below is from the a detail page. I would like to take Day1_ScaleWeight - (subtact) Day1_Penalty to fill in Day1_TotalWeight.in the mysql table. Seems this would be page to do the math on as once this two data fields are inserted or updated the detail page could be used to run a calculation like this.

<?php
$WADADirResD_details = new WA_MySQLi_RS("WADADirResD_details",$ABANet,1);
$WADADirResD_details->setQuery("SELECT id, Division, Location, Date, Name, MemberID, BigBass, BigBassFee, Place, DQ, Day1_Fish, Day1_Alive, Day1_Short, Day1_Penalty, Day1_BigBass, Day1_ScaleWeight, Day1_TotalWeight, Points, Payout, Payout_Description FROM DirResD WHERE id = ?");
$WADADirResD_details->bindParam("i", "".($_GET['id']) ."", "-1"); //Paramid
$WADADirResD_details->execute();
?>

Thanks in advance!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could do the math in the SQL or with php on the page. In the sql it would look like:

<?php
$WADADirResD_details = new WA_MySQLi_RS("WADADirResD_details",$ABANet,1);
$WADADirResD_details->setQuery("SELECT id, Division, Location, Date, Name, MemberID, BigBass, BigBassFee, Place, DQ, Day1_Fish, Day1_Alive, Day1_Short, Day1_Penalty, Day1_BigBass, Day1_ScaleWeight, Day1_TotalWeight, Points, Payout, Payout_Description, Day1_ScaleWeight - Day1_Penalty AS Day1_EffectiveWeight FROM DirResD WHERE id = ?");
$WADADirResD_details->bindParam("i", "".($_GET['id']) ."", "-1"); //Paramid
$WADADirResD_details->execute();
?>

And then you could display the value in the totalWeight field on the page with:
<?php echo($WADADirResD_details->getColumnVal("Day1_EffectiveWeight")); ?>

Or you could leave your Recordset SQL statement as it is and use this to display the value:

<?php echo($WADADirResD_details->getColumnVal("Day1_ScaleWeight") - $WADADirResD_details->getColumnVal("Day1_Penalty")); ?>

dhagood355349

Question

Ray,

Thanks for the assist, however, I need to write the value back to the field Day1_ScaleWeight in the table. I understand the display of the data but not how to update the field.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In an update server behavior you can do math in the bindings with php.

Bind the total weight field to

php:
<?php echo($_POST["textfield1"] - $_POST["textfield2"]); ?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...