close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DataBridge 2.3.2 not install on Dreamweaver

Thread began 10/25/2018 10:59 pm by Mike | Last modified 10/29/2018 2:28 pm by Ray Borduin | 2936 views | 16 replies |

Mike

DataBridge 2.3.2 not install on Dreamweaver

Hello,
this morning I've reinstalled DB extension on my DW 2019 (macOS 10.14) but the installer failed.
When I open a page on Dreamweaver I don't have the typical installer process and nothing happen (I see the WebAssist menu but if I click on the voices I receive nothing or js errors).
The version of DataBridge downloaded is 2.3.2 and I'm using DMXzone extension manager.
How can I fix it?
Is possibile to have the previous version 2.3.1?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Make sure to open a new page after installing. That should launch the secondary installer. Then restart dreamweaver before accessing the extension. I have confirmed there is nothing wrong with the installer in the latest version.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Mike

Maybe is a problem with DMXzone Extensions Manager... usually it sends me a prompt when I install something not from DMXzone but from yesterday no more messages... do you have some alternative to suggest me (in addition to PVII, that I don't find very stable on MacOS)?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try force quit in the extension manager and then open it again. I've found sometimes it won't reinstall an extension you have uninstalled unless you force quit in between.

Mike

Nothing, it's impossible to install the latest 2.3.2 version on MacOS 10.14.
I've tried also with PVII's extension manager and the result is the same.
I've tried also to install on other DW versions (Dreamweaver 2015) and... nothing.
Instead with other extensions works good and DMXzone extension manager show me correctly the prompt in attachment.
Could you send me the old 2.3.1 version, I need urgently to finish a work.
Thanks.

Mike

... and obviously I've reset the Dreamweaver's preferences every time I reinstalled the extension.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a US phone number or Skype contact information and I'll do screen sharing with you and debug this to get it working properly.

Mike

Don't worry Ray, I've restored the old 2.3.1 from a previous dw preferences backup.
I've lost all day to install the 2.3.2 but it's impossible.
I hope that 2.3.1 is stable enough to build a security area with "Secure pages" wizard.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It has only one or two files that were changed, so they are nearly identical. Mostly an update to fix multiple insert. If one doesn't work install then the other wouldn't either, but I'm glad you got it working.

Let me know when you are ready to upgrade and I'll help you figure out what is going wrong.

Mike

I've tried to install again the 2.3.2 this morning and now it works... maybe with the old dw preference restored from backup (with DB 2.3.1) fixed something in the installer, I don't know what exactly happened but now I've 2.3.2 installed.
A last question, where is possible to see the version number of DataBridge installed on Dreamweaver (on WebAssist "Preferences" or "Preset Manager" I don't see nothing)?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...