close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power CMS linking addresses

Thread began 10/20/2018 9:14 am by russb335115 | Last modified 11/14/2018 10:38 am by Ray Borduin | 2536 views | 21 replies |

russb335115

Power CMS linking addresses

I would like to be able to change the URL in the template pages for SEO purposes. Can that be done?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. You can change urls by manually updating the files where necessary or using .htaccess.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

russb335115

HI Ray.

I'm hoping that this is an easy fix that I missing. You recently set this up for me in a premier support for our blogs (it's working great). I now trying to repeat it for another section in the same website. I coped all your code (made changes for record set and blog names). The results page is working great. but when I click the link it goes to the wrong page and drops the template. The pages I'm talking about are in the PM. Is this a simple fix that I'm missing? Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Did you update your .htaccess file and add the <base> tag to the page header? It sounds like it might just be a missing base tag.

russb335115

I did, I will attach the file so you can see it. Can I have more than one "RewriteBase" function? In the PM I will post the links to the pages you set up. I basically duplicated those pages and changed the RS and page links to fit the new section.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your page doesn't have a <base> tag inside of the <head>... find that on the version of the details page I helped with and add it to your page and it should help.

russb335115

Thanks Ray

russb335115

Hi Ray,

I freaking out at the moment. I don't know what I did but the details page that you work on with me isn't displaying correctly. Take a look at the results page and click one of the links and you will see what I mean. Can you help me out?

https://rnrjourney.com/blog-results.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your <base> tag is below your .css references. It has to be above them. It should really be the first tag after the <head> tag so that all tags below it pick up its properties.

russb335115

The page uses Framework builder and themes so the CSS is on the template. I have the <base> tag is at the top of the head tag in the blog-details.php page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...