close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SSL ok on site, back end major problems

Thread began 9/27/2018 4:21 pm by mike-j-taylor318947 | Last modified 10/08/2018 8:51 am by Ray Borduin | 1610 views | 10 replies |

mike-j-taylor318947

SSL ok on site, back end major problems

I have an SSL on a site running powerstore, the problem is once you enter admin everything starts to go wrong as its coming up not secure on the browser so after a few attempts at editing it shuts down and you cant do anything, images do not load, cant upload images and it struggles to do anything even down to changing from icon to list, changing data on pages and pretty much everything on the back end decides when it wants to work and what it wants to work on

any help would be amazing

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd need a URL and steps to reproduce to see the problem and FTP access to debug and fix it.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mike-j-taylor318947

pm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What steps should I follow to reproduce the problem? I'll need to see it to try to fix it.

mike-j-taylor318947

pm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you are on a shared hosting plan and your host limits the number of page requests per second. This is relatively uncommon, but not unheard of for some hosting providers. Unfortunately the admin loads some of the images dynamically with requests to a php page that returns the image thumbnail. Your hosting company sees these as separate page requests even though they all load on the same page and blocks page requests for several seconds after. This is the issue. You would have to talk to your hosting company to see if they can increase the limit or you may have to switch hosting providers and/or plans if they are unwilling to remove the restriction. Who is your hosting company? Just for reference I'd like to keep track of hosts that have this issue.

mike-j-taylor318947

pm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can change the font size and padding attributes to fit your needs in the responsive.css file to adjust the nav menu for mobile.

mike-j-taylor318947

pm

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The file manager makes a new request for each image displayed. If you have over 200 images, then you get 200 requests. I think the only reason the requests were coming back as "bad" is because after the first few the remaining were blocked and then returned bad requests for the rest. I don't think the actual requests were bad without the block.

If they have an error log showing the bad requests then I could verify my claims. They should be able to get that for you, but if the issue is resolved then we can probably just let it be.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...