close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login In Form Creations

Thread began 9/20/2018 1:10 pm by dhagood355349 | Last modified 9/21/2018 11:59 am by Ray Borduin | 1610 views | 7 replies |

dhagood355349

Login In Form Creations

I've created forms using Form Builder and MySQLi "MySqli Log In User" are there issues in the beta build with this?

See Attached..

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the authenticate server behavior was applied wrong. Go to the Filter tab and make sure to bind the columns to the form element values using the lightning bolt.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dhagood355349

Errors from authentication.php

No matter if I add the MySQLi (Log In User) or the full SecurityAssist the when you test the log in you get the exact same message. Attached new example.

Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/MASKED/public_html/webassist/mysqli/authentication.php on line 274

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/MASKED/public_html/webassist/mysqli/authentication.php:274) in /home/MASKED/public_html/webassist/mysqli/authentication.php on line 445

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is an error in the live authentication.php file... Here is an updated version that will be fixed in the next build.

Attached Files
authentication.php

dhagood355349

Login

Thanks Ray, that worked. Now I find that passwords can not be secure as it basically doesn't allow symbols and does not see the difference between upper and lower case. Does that come that same file? I got it work but had to simplify passwords to just letters and numbers.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is probably just a matter of changing your database character settings. You can define weather a given column is case sensitive or accepts special characters by updating the database "Collation" settings for the table. Any collation that ends with "_ci" is case insensitive. If you use "utf_bin" it should allow special characters and be case sensitive.

dhagood355349

Login CSS

Here is one for you to think about. It seems when you create a form like a login form it creates a css file that will overwrite your current css that is used for other DataAssist created forms. The result is all your previous created DataAssist now use the css that was created with a new form. Shouldn't a new form or forms created with the Form command have their own css file?

To fix it if yours is overwritten, you have create a new series of DataAssist forms to recreate the orginal css file and upload it.

Just a thought.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A unique css file is created based on the form design that you choose. Most people would want to use the same css for each form on the site and wouldn't want repeated css files. I see your point, since you are customizing the css in the file that you wouldn't want it overwritten. I usually solve that problem by not editing the css file created by the form builder and I overwrite attributes in a separate css file for any design changes I want.

A compromise might be to not overwrite the css file if it already exists. That would allow you to use the css file and not worry about it being overwritten without the clutter of separate css files for each form. The issue with that is that if I was ever to do a bug fix or css update it wouldn't update on your site unless you manually delete the css file first. That might be an acceptable limitation for the benefit of being able to edit the css file.

I'll consider adding logic to not overwrite existing CSS when running the wizard, but I'd suggest using a separate CSS file for edits in the meantime.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...