close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Logon Authenticate User

Thread began 9/09/2018 9:03 am by randyrie405335 | Last modified 10/01/2018 10:02 am by Ray Borduin | 1673 views | 13 replies |

randyrie405335

Logon Authenticate User

I'm trying to get a logon/restrict-access setup to properly work on my site. The Security Assist authentication does not work at all - it always crashed Dreamweaver and mucks up the code.

Here is how I try yo set this up:
1.) I add a Mysqli recordset that will select all from my access table in the dB
2.) then I use the Webassist/MySQLi "User Authentication" UI, and set the "Find Record" tab to assign the "getColumnVal" for both the username and password and assign the ID to a session under the "Store Values" tab from the record set (when I re-open the UI... these values are not displayed.

But I can enter ANYTHING into the logon form and it'll always open the restricted access page (see attachment).

I have not been able to ever get the logon/restrict-access setups to work on any of my sites using Webassist's authentication. Can you direct me to a step-by-step I can follow to rule out pilot error?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should be filtering the value from the FORM not the Recordset. You want to find the record entered in the form in your table. I'm not even sure why you have a RSLogin recordset on your page. A recordset should not be necessary on this page at all.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

randyrie405335

Logon not working

I've removed the recordset and again used the Authentication UI to re-setup the logon form to include the POST lines. However, I noticed that when I reopen the logon page, the UI no longer displays the the Find Record's POST values for the Username and Password. But this time the code does remain in the code block (so there has been an improvement). I believe this is what's been causing my issue but I do not know what caused the change so the code remains while the values disappear from the UI. See attached screen captures. I did re-install the DB v2.2 extension several times - so perhaps one of the re-installs resolved the code being removed from the page upon re-opening?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach the actual .php page when sending me files so I can open them with Dreamweaver.

The code looks correct, but I'm getting the same result you reported, so something is wrong. If you send me FTP information I can take a look and debug to report what is going wrong.

randyrie405335

My FTP info is enclosed in the private message.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You gave me ftp information for nittanyleathernecks.com but the site with the login that doesn't work is statecollegedev.com. When I go to the site that you gave me FTP access to the login seems to work properly. I have to debug the page that isn't working to tell you why it wouldn't be working properly.

randyrie405335

Logon issue

You say the logon for the Leatherneck site works??!! I still can access the portal page without the logon intercepting. I’ll try it on my PC to see if the same thing happens.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I only found that the login page prevented me from moving on to the next page and failed. I'm not saying it worked. It looks like it isn't even using our extension. It looks like that page is using the old Adobe code for login. I was expecting to debug why our extension code wasn't working based on the code examples you sent previously.

randyrie405335

I DID use the Webassist logon... the old DWCS6 code no longer works on my system... see the attached screen caps.

I just relocated the development site to its actual host server location for further testing and the logon still allows the restricted page (admin_portal.php) to open with out any credentials. I need this fixed before I go live or the entire site is susceptible to hacking.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code on your logon page doesn't match the code you sent in the earlier post. You don't have the lines:

$Authenticate->addFilter("Username", "=", "s", "".((isset($_POST["Username"]))?$_POST["Username"]:"") ."");
$Authenticate->addFilter("Password", "=", "s", "".((isset($_POST["Password"]))?$_POST["Password"]:"") ."");

Those are necessary to force correct entries in the username and password fields before the login is accepted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...