close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I'm not sure if this is correct...

Thread began 9/04/2018 10:42 am by randyrie405335 | Last modified 9/05/2018 2:35 pm by Ray Borduin | 18 views | 3 replies |

randyrie405335

I'm not sure if this is correct...

I am getting numerous Design-to-Code panel mis-syncs. Example, when I delete the "value" in the Dynamic dropdown UI, the code does not reflect the deletion (and vice versa). I have to manually delete the default value="value" the the UI inserts. Also, since I've been going round and round with this, I'm turned around with the dropdown setup... I want the dropdown to dynamically display the database field entry and if another value is selected from the dropdown, have the record update when submitted. This isn't working with the setup I've screen captured (attached) so I'm sure I've not set this up correctly using the Webassist UI.

I've tried several variations using the UI and cannot get a different selection from the dropdown to post to the database. When you have a moment, could you give this your sharp eye and let me know what I've screwed up?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The duplicated label can be removed.

What part isn't working? I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

randyrie405335

Dynami Dropdown Issues

Several Issues:

- changes I make in the Select dropdown UI panel do not always change the code. I have to carefully watch if the code syncs with the what I do in the UI. Would re-loading the Databridge extension (v2.2.) fix this?
- reselecting another option in the Select dropdown doesn't update the database so I probably don't have the select code setup properly?

See the attached screen capture.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You should never set the "Select Value equal to" value to come from the same recordset as the "Options from recordset" value. That should be left blank for insert pages and set to the updated recordset on update pages.

The issue with it not updating the database is most likely and issue with the update server behavior and not the select list itself. Re-entering and changing values in a dynamic select list can be touchy. I usually apply it correctly the first time and make changes manually in the code when I don't.

I can spend some time looking into improving the dynamic select update functionality.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...