close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

my question is that the paypal payment in no loger working on my clients site

Thread began 8/06/2018 10:58 am by John Langer | Last modified 8/06/2018 3:21 pm by Ray Borduin | 821 views | 8 replies |

John LangerBeta Tester

my question is that the paypal payment in no loger working on my clients site

My client dealearning.co.uk recieved an email from paypal saying the the ssl needed to be upgraded. i contacted my host for the site and they upgraded to the very latest version unfortueately this resulted in payments not going through. so my host carried out more tests thus
I couldn't find any server-side issues, I ensured that the server is installed with Transport Layer Security version 1.2 (TLS 1.2) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 1.1. Please see the screenshot for your reference.

https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/tls-http-upgrade

root@server2 [~]# openssl ciphers -v | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq
SSLv3
TLSv1.2
root@server2 [~]#

It seems like the issue is with PayPal, so could you please contact Paypal for the same.and it all seemed ok and said that the fault seemed to lay at paypals feet. pay pay suggested that the ssl version was ok and suggested that i uninstall paypay and reinstall it again. this left me not koiwing what to do. so overote checkout.php. this did no good so did exactly what they said and uninstalled checkout.php and reuloaded it. this did not work either. when i click on the pay now button it goes to failure.php.

i'm now at a total loss as to what to do, can you please help?

best wishes,

John

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) Create a blank page and put this code on it. That will tell you if there is anything wrong with the server itself

php:
<?php

$ch 
curl_init('https://www.howsmyssl.com/a/check');
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST2);
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_USERAGENT$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEERFALSE);
$data curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
die(
$data);
$json json_decode($data);
echo 
$json->tls_version;
?>

2) Dump the session on the failure page. That will tell you what the actual error is with this code:

php:
<?php

@session_start();
var_dump($_SESSION);
?>

You can post back here with the result if you need help interpreting what you see.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

John LangerBeta Tester

HI Ray thanks for the prompt reply.

I did as you said and i get no error report on failure.php.

this is what i do get:

Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your PayPal transaction could not be completed.

Hope that helps,

John

John LangerBeta Tester

Sorry Ray I think i misuderstood you I have now loaded the first lot of code in my browser and get this:

{"given_cipher_suites":["TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA","TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA","TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA","TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA","TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA","TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA","TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA","TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA","TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA","TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA","TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5"],"ephemeral_keys_supported":true,"session_ticket_supported":false,"tls_compression_supported":false,"unknown_cipher_suite_supported":false,"beast_vuln":false,"able_to_detect_n_minus_one_splitting":true,"insecure_cipher_suites":{"TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA":["uses 3DES which is vulnerable to the Sweet32 attack but was not configured as a fallback in the ciphersuite order"],"TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA":["uses 3DES which is vulnerable to the Sweet32 attack but was not configured as a fallback in the ciphersuite order"],"TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA":["uses 3DES which is vulnerable to the Sweet32 attack but was not configured as a fallback in the ciphersuite order"],"TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5":["uses RC4 which has insecure biases in its output"],"TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA":["uses RC4 which has insecure biases in its output"]},"tls_version":"TLS 1.0","rating":"Bad"}

What now?

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Send that to your hosting provider. It is showing that you aren't updated to the latest TLS version for your site.

This part:
"tls_version":"TLS 1.0","rating":"Bad"

Has to say:
"tls_version":"TLS 1.2","rating":"Good"

This is something your hosting provider will have to fix. Show them that page. CURL has to use TLS 1.2 for paypal to accept the communication.

John LangerBeta Tester

Thanks Ray, i’ll Do that now.

John

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Ray,

I have been in contact with my hosting provider and told them your reply and they have replied thus:

On checking, I see that the "tls_version" enabled on the server is TLS 1.2, as the PayPal mentioned in the website

https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/tls-http-upgrade

You can also check the same using the following command.

openssl ciphers -v | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq

Thoughts?

Best wishes,

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Escalate it to a manager. That is the test from paypal's site to tell you if everything is installed and working properly. Most likely their TLS version is updated but their openSSL or CURL version is out of date so it isn't taking advantage of the TLS version installed. You could also consider changing hosting companies. My guess is that you are on a smaller hosting companies and the larger ones will have this figured out already.

John LangerBeta Tester

I have asked them to get a manger involved.

Thanks Ray.

John.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...