close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

My website using generated JavaScript code has issue on mobile

Thread began 7/25/2018 11:14 am by lr_leal239405 | Last modified 5/13/2021 11:29 pm by Jaclyn Tibben | 1634 views | 9 replies |

lr_leal239405

My website using generated JavaScript code has issue on mobile

For my dropdown I used (some years ago) probably something called 'Menu Builder" (?. sorry if I don't recall exactly), but on a Mobile, since there's no Hover function, it shows and hides on Click. I need to change the Hover function to Click but I can't pinpoint the JavaScript function.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

In your menu.css file on line 194 you have a hover event for the sub-menu. I think you just have to put that into a media query so that it only applies to desktop widths and then the mobile device won't require two clicks once the hover css has been removed.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

lr_leal239405

Thanks much once again! that seems to work.

lr_leal239405

It's doing it again. The code is still there. I'd like it to bring down the menu on click instead of hover. If it can't be easily changed. I'll recreate a dropdown with css. thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It seems to be working for me still. What type of phone are you using to reproduce the problem?

lr_leal239405

it's Samsung Galaxy 7. Android 8+. But even on the desktop I'd like it to come down on click instead of hover ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The menu uses pure CSS... You can't really do click events without javascript.

The solution is probably to update all of your .css and anywhere it has a :hover event change it to using a .clicked class reference instead. Then add javascript to the page to toggle the .clicked class on click. There is no simple way to do this in the CSS directly without introducing javascript into the mix.

anonymous

In your menu.Css document on line 147 you may have a waft celebration for the sub-menu. I believe you quite simply ought to location that into a media query all together that it simply applies to pc widths and after that the cellphone contraption will not require two ticks once the drift css has been disposed of.

anonymous

Make sure you didn’t block JavaScript files by mistake

If Google cannot render your page properly, you should make sure you didn’t block important JavaScript files for Googlebot in robots.txt

TL;DR: What is robots.txt?

It’s a plain text file that instructs Googlebot or any other search engine bot if they are allowed to request a page/resource.

Fortunately, the URL Inspection tool points out all the resources of a rendered page that are blocked by robots.txt.
But how can you tell if a blocked resource is important from the rendering point of view?

You have two options: Basic and Advanced.

Basic
In most cases, it may be a good idea to simply ask your developers about it. They created your website, so they should know it well.

Obviously, if the name of a script is called content.js or productListing.js, it’s probably relevant and shouldn’t be blocked.

Unfortunately, as for now, URL Inspection doesn't inform you about the severity of a blocked JS file. The previous Google Fetch and Render had such an option:

Jaclyn Tibben

hh

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...