close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Two new issues with RC 2.1

Thread began 7/23/2018 11:08 am by Steve | Last modified 7/23/2018 6:28 pm by Ray Borduin | 38 views | 4 replies |

Steve

Two new issues with RC 2.1

Hello,
I'm seeing two new issues with the latest Databridge install.

$Recordset ->debugSQL(); no longer renders the Query
All saved records with html characters are now needing to be "decoded" via htmlspecialchars_decode()

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

debugSQL() still seems to work for me. Do you have a sample page I can look at to demonstrate this issue? I'll take a look and see what I can find.

I added automatic Cross Site Scripting protection to the latest build that will cause encoding of html special characters. I just updated the build this morning. If you install the latest build it will have v2.12 of the rsobj.php file that will include a setting to disable the cross site scripting protection site-wide on line 11.

You can also prevent the cross site scripting protection in the -<getColumnVal() function by passing an additional 'false' parameter like:
->getColumnVal("Column",false);

That would return the "unprotected" version of the code including any html.

Sign in to reply to this post

Steve

I like the idea of more security.. Are you going to write details somewhere on when new security features will be introduced?

I'll reinstall the latest and look for the ability to remove the feature that disable html characters. Though It's no problem to also use htmlspecialchars_decode() and security is important.

debugSQL() has been solved. My mistake by just using the function but not echoing the result.

Sign in to reply to this post

Steve

Downloaded and installed the latest but still see 2.11 for rsobj.php not 2.12

Sign in to reply to this post

Steve

So to get the latest version 2.12 I had to do the following:
Delete old extension
Restart DW and open file that uses the extension
Files then are automatically deleted (did this prior time also)
Delete current webassist directory
Install extension
Start and then restart DW
Use extension which then wrote new latest files

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...