close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS454 has been working - checkout no longer loading confirm page

Thread began 5/25/2018 12:39 am by msjj000 | Last modified 10/15/2018 9:22 am by Ray Borduin | 2554 views | 15 replies |

msjj000Beta Tester

PS454 has been working - checkout no longer loading confirm page

Hi Webassist.

All has been well with a great experience on PS454. It has been working fine with both eWay and PayPal payments. The site is https://www.ridewerx.com

I have checked with the hosting provider and no changes at their end.

Myself and other users in different locations can no longer progress past the checkout page to move to the confirm page.

Have cleared browser data in Safari and Chrome and rebooted. Have also reloaded the site using FTP.

Eventually getting a 500 error or the following errors after some time:

"Request Timeout This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'." or

"This page isn’t working
www.ridewerx.com didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Same issue when using eWay or PayPal.

Here's the debug info for PayPal checkout:
We're sorry

Debug Information

Disable debug mode in your admin settings before going live in order to hide this content.

array(18) { ["WA_Ecart_Coupon_ID"]=> string(1) "5" ["WA_Store_Cart_Items"]=> string(420) "206|WAECART|c-Guide Eco|WAECART|
c.guide eco - Currently $20 OFF (normally $49.95)

|WAECART|0.3|WAECART|5|WAECART|29.95|WAECART|cguide-eco-NEW_1.jpg|WAECART|cGuide_Eco|WAECART||WAECART|10|WAECART|0|WAECART|0|WAECART||WAECART||WAECART|1|WAECART|1.5|WAECART|149.75|WAECART|5 c-Guide Eco (206)|WAECART|10|WAECART|29.95|WAECART|0|WAECART|0|WAECART|149.75" ["WAVT_usersLogIn_Errors"]=> string(0) "" ["UserID"]=> string(1) "1" ["UserEmailVerified"]=> string(1) "1" ["UserEmail"]=> string(13) "username@domain.net" ["UserGroupID"]=> string(1) "1" ["WAVT_ProductsResults_Errors"]=> string(0) "" ["WADbSearch1_Products_Category_Results"]=> string(22) " AND (CategoryID = 12)" ["orderAdd"]=> string(0) "" ["WAEC_ContinueRedirect"]=> string(34) "/products_detail.php?ProductID=206" ["WA_ECart_Coupons"]=> string(11) "||LA10OFF||" ["WA_Ecart_Coupon_Name"]=> string(7) "LA10OFF" ["eCart_PPECO_System"]=> string(2) "US" ["PayPal_ECO_Token"]=> string(0) "" ["ECO_Auth_Request"]=> string(1530) "info_api1.XXXX.netXXXX7GNXXXXANB8H4TXXXXAY-MdFKOpokR0fCWuXXXX7jHaznoq.fCXXXX63.0http://www.ridewerx.com/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.ridewerx.com/pp_cancel.phpSoleBilling139.75139.75c-Guide Eco29.955206Discount-1010Authorization" ["ECO_Auth_Result"]=> string(0) "" ["WA_HTTPS_Redirect"]=> int(1527233224) }
Your PayPal transaction could not be completed. Please return to checkout and try again.

What would you suggest or where to look?

BTW Same ftp login details as per prior private posts.

Thanks, Mark.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Contact the hosting provider and tell them that CURL has stopped working and ask if you need to white-label some of the payment processors you are using so that you can post and receive data from CURL.

Since your web pages didn't change, it must be a server change that caused the issues. CURL is used to communicate with other web sites during checkout, since the error occurs with both paypal and eway, that is the most likely culprit. Sometimes hosting providers will install new security measures that might prevent your site from sending or receiving external data even though that is necessary for payment processing.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

msjj000Beta Tester

CURL still working

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like its still working http://ridewerx.com/info.php

I'll have to go back to the drawing board. The ISP have "checked" and nothing has changed at there end.

If its prompts anything I received a 500 error on Safari, 503 on Chrome and Secure Connection Error on Firefox. I also looked at the old PS3 site and it looks as though it is running in test mode and not passing through the transaction and simply reporting that the transaction has been completed successfully with no transactions being completed with eway.

I noticed that the .DS_Store file was missing. I reloaded it and the site appeared to work (although free shipping stopped working). It later disappeared again and now is deleted as soon as it is uploaded. Would this affect the PS3 store as well?

Mark.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is definitely a CURL issue or firewall blocking curl from accessing external urls. Support people at hosting companies have more interest in getting you off the phone than solving your problem, so you have to make it obvious what the problem is and impossible for them to deny it.

I've created a test page that will demonstrate the issue:
https://ridewerx.com/curlbroke.php

Show that to your hosting company and demand they tell you why it doesn't work and fix it. You can look at the code, it does a simple curl post to get the result from this url:
http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=3004&Destination_Postcode=92009&Country=US&Weight=300&Service_Type=AIR&Length=107&Width=107&Height=107&Quantity=1

When you browse that url directly you can see the result, but the same result can't be retrieved through curl. I think that will force them to acknowledge the problem and escalate it to someone on their team to fix it.

msjj000Beta Tester

definitely a CURL issue

Hi Ray,

Thanks for both going beyond the call of duty and for providing the tools to push the ISP on this point.

Back up and running mostly. Can you please check the shipping again - it looks like not all the options are working. Not sure what you updated last time so I cannot do it myself? When shipping overseas it refers to the following page "http://www.ridewerx.com/checkout_failure.php?shipping=fail" (screen shot below).

Also, when the transactions are completed the checkout success page says that the cart is empty rather than showing what you have bought. Is this a remaining CURL issue?

Much appreciated, Mark.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry I had left some debug code that may have caused those issues. I've corrected them. Please try again and let me know if you still have any issues.

msjj000Beta Tester

all 100%

Hi Ray,

No problem and thank you again!

All up and running.

Mark.

msjj000Beta Tester

PayPal not posting sales data to PS v454 site

Hi Webassist,

Moved from eWay to PayPal. Using PayPal Standard or Express the user registers and is recorded in PSv454, PayPal sale is completed (including getting paid and registers the IPN at PayPal) however the sale is not recorded in PSv454.

Any clues on this one?

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see you are currently using paypal standard. I'd first suggest to switch back to Express. Standard uses IPN and is more difficult to debug. If you switch back to Express then I can debug on my side without needing your paypal login information.

msjj000Beta Tester

Not posting sale to PS v454

Thanks Ray. Change made to PayPal Express.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...