close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Import preset from previous version of DA

Thread began 5/21/2018 9:37 am by mrs | Last modified 8/06/2018 10:47 am by Ray Borduin | 1133 views | 4 replies |

mrs

Import preset from previous version of DA

I'm trying to import presets from the pre-MySQLi version of DA, but I am being presented with an error of: 'The file you selected is not a valid Data Bridge Design preset.'

I have tried this with my previous DA presets, and I have just tested it by exporting the current Beta preset and then trying to reimport it. I got the same message.

Is there a way to edit the presets by hand rather than rely on the import of the preset manager?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. You can copy and paste the presets manually from the configuration folder from your old site to the new one.

The presets are in the folder:
Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/DataAssist/XML

You could copy that entire folder from your old installation and then paste it into your new one. I'd skip existing files in case there have been updates, but that would add back any missing ones.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mrs

Thanks Ray.

software.current355386

came across this, I would like to achieve

copy ALL presets from dw cs 6 on iMac to dw cc2018 on iMac pro.. using dw6 expot not an option as it keeps crashing

looked for the directory u mentioned could u be more specific please many thanks

on beta release on both systems

mrs

Here you go, a screenshot of the path for you. You will find any saved presets for any extension saved there.

Just in case you don't know, in finder, hold down the alt key, click on the 'Go' menu and the hidden library folder should appear there. Let go of the alt key and it disappears.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...