close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Login Troubles

Thread began 5/11/2018 10:59 am by vernon webb | Last modified 5/18/2018 12:27 pm by Ray Borduin | 2247 views | 21 replies |

vernon webb

Login Troubles

OK, so you fixed the login page first and now I'm beginning to realize that there was a session set "MM_Username1" that is no longer working throughout the site. I went in to look at the login details in Dreamweaver and Dreamweaver hangs for a time and then crashes.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Where is the code that depends on that session value? What is it supposed to be set to? What is it used for? That looks like the old adobe standard page restriction code, you should probably just delete it and apply the security assist page restriction server behavior instead.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

vernon webb

OK so I've tried to recreate everything from scratch. I only need the login page and the logout page. Not sure if it's my system, the server I'm connecting to or what but it's painfully slow to try and do anything. That said, I went to the Manage Page panel and when I attempt to delete any other page (registration, update, etc) Dreamweaver crashes.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I was able to reproduce a crash when deleting pages from the SecurityAssist wizard. I'll get that fixed.

In the meantime, go ahead and let it generate those pages and then just delete them after the wizard runs. You will just have to delete the link to the forgot password page from the login page and then update the login server behavior success redirect to go to a different page than the profile page you deleted.

vernon webb

Right that is what I was saying. I opened the Security Assist Wizard tried deleting pages I didn't need and it crashed out Dreamweaver

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes. I will look into it and get that fixed.

vernon webb

OK so I created all the new pages and it simply hangs during login and I eventually get an error page that says Failed to open page

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The forgot password page was missing a necessary include file:

<?php require_once("webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php"); ?>

The login page seems to open for me. What username and password should I use? It seems to work for failed logins.

vernon webb

below

vernon webb

The forgot password page doesn't send me my password, doesn't fail, just show the same page each time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...