close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Updating records

Thread began 4/27/2018 8:07 am by Web Manager | Last modified 5/10/2018 9:39 am by Ray Borduin | 1696 views | 11 replies |

Web Manager

Updating records

I am new to webassist and just purchased this extension. I am using Dreamweaver 2018 on a Mac php 5.6 on linux server.

I have a page with a form on it which I open I then open the update record SB and the see the General and column binding tabs. Within the General tab I select the DB and connection then go to column binding which I assume is where I line up the fields values.

When ever I try to add a value to a field I get a Binding window which opens up but there is nothing in it. and I give it time thinking It needs to load something. After 5 minutes Binding window is still blank.

I can not find anything in the help pages that is helpful or shows what is suppose to be appearing in the binding area

HELP

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It may have something to do with the page it is on, or other extensions you have installed. Can I get a copy of the page. Even better would be FTP access so I can test with your database connection as well. If I'm unable to reproduce it I may need to set up a screen sharing session to debug it on your machine directly.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just updated the extension to address this issue. Please download and reinstall and it should work properly.

Web Manager

Not working

Here's the error message I get after reinstalling the extention

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just uploaded another version that should address this issue. Please reinstall again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Web Manager

getting same error again

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a phone number where I can reach you and I'll debug this with you over the phone.

Web Manager

#

private message

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I tried calling but there was no answer. I just made another update. Please reinstall. Make sure the secondary installer runs and let me know if you still run into any issues.

Web Manager

None

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...