close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Localhost connection not working

Thread began 4/09/2018 8:51 am by john70964 | Last modified 4/10/2018 3:59 pm by Ray Borduin | 2221 views | 7 replies |

john70964

Localhost connection not working

I have some updating todo on my website.

I wish to carry this out on localhost to enable some testing before reupload.
I downloaded the site files OK and placed these into Dreamweaver.
I exported the database files from the server to this PC and the database is working correctly in Navicat.

When I try to open the index.php page I get the following error.
Can anyone please assist me with this?
Thanks
John

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mywebsite April 2018\Connections\conn1.php on line 9

Fatal error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\mywebsite April 2018\Connections\conn1.php on line 9

The database opens in Navicat correctly

The connection file is as below
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_conn1 = "localhost";
$database_conn1 = "connectionname april 2018";
$username_conn1 = "root";
$password_conn1 = "mypassword";
$conn1 = mysql_pconnect($hostname_conn1, $username_conn1, $password_conn1) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This means your database name, username, or password is incorrect. It appears your database name "connectionname april 2018" is almost certainly wrong. The database name shouldn't allow spaces.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thanks very much for the quick response Ray,

I made the change to the database name, that is no spaces but with the same result.

I then tested the MySQL Connection from within Dreamweaver which presented the following:

The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL
You try to connect to a database using a different server model
Please remove this folder outside the Dreamweaver environment on both local and testing machines and try again.

Can you see where I am going wrong Ray?

Regards

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is usually an issue with the Site URL value for the testing server defined in your Dreamweaver site.

john70964

Hello Ray

I have checked the testing server values and they seem OK.

Digging a bit deeper I have recently upgraded a new PC to Windows10 and am using Dreamweaver CS6.
I wish to use the windows10 machine to revise this website but notice if in the Dreamweaver Menu I select Commands- Manage extensions I get a message box stating the Extension Manager is unavailable please reinstall.

I found page https://www.adobe.com/exchange/em_download/em6_download.html and ran the Extension Manager CS6.0.8.zip where when the set-up.exe is run it the states installer failed to initialise, "This could be due to a missing file" and provides a link to https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html#/top_products

LATER
A bit more info on this

I tried to instal DataBridge_124.ZXP from my list of extensions, this opened the extension manager which then messaged
"This extension can not be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 9 or greater"

Can you please say what needs to be done?

Many thanks

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What version of Dreamweaver are you running? CS6 is version 12, so that shouldn't be an issue. It appears to be a problem with the extension manager. You may want to try reinstalling Dreamweaver and the Extension Manager.

john70964

Thanks Ray,
I found that I could not reinstall CS6! I was informed that the serial number was revoked.
I purchased this from Adobe and installed this on the present machine and another PC I have here working perfectly.
Is there any way I can install the extension manager or any other extension manager, Project Seven perhaps? Would that work? May be similar.
On non dynamic sites this Dreamweaver installation works perfectly.

Regards
John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could try with one of the other extension managers. I really don't know since I don't know exactly what is wrong with your installation. I suppose trying the Project7 or DMXZone extension manager is worth a try.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...