close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

#1044 - Access denied for user error when trying to import .sql

Thread began 3/10/2018 2:51 pm by MRoc03795745 | Last modified 3/11/2018 10:09 am by Ray Borduin | 3623 views | 16 replies |

MRoc03795745

#1044 - Access denied for user error when trying to import .sql

I have tried the tutorials for creating a database from two different articles. (using the example blue_sky_music.sql) One was importing the .sql file under the 'Import' tab and the other was for copying and pasting the .sql file into the 'SQL' tab and both times I receive this error. I checked with the host and the server is localhost. The user in the error message does not exist when I look it up under MYSQL Databases under cPanel. I tried googling the error and could not get any answers that way. When I check the databases the tables seem to have been created but I cannot connect with Dreamweaver CS6 no matter how hard I try. I followed the instructions for the article on how to connect Dreamweaver to a Database and cannot get anywhere that way either.

Here is the article tutorial I have been trying to follow. http://www.webassist.com/tutorials/Getting-started-with-MySQL-and-dynamic-websites

I spent $400 for DataAssist years ago and have never been able to use it.

Michael

Error
SQL query:

--
-- Create schema blue_sky_music
--

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS blue_sky_music
MySQL said: Documentation

#1044 - Access denied for user 'cpses_in44ws7jyl'@'localhost' to database 'blue_sky_music'

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try deleting and manually creating the database table through php myAdmin. Most likely it is creating it with the wrong permissions somehow and by creating it manually you should be able to get around that.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

MRoc03795745

Deleting and Creating Database Manually

I went to cPanel > Databases > MySQL Databases > and deleted the Database.

I do not know how to create this manually. Below is the .sql file that was listed in the article tutorial online. I'm exploring how to do this manually right now. Do you see anything wrong with the attached .sql file?

Michael

Attached Files
blue_sky_music.sql

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Go to cPanel > Databases > MySQL Databases and you should be able to click an Add Database button.

MRoc03795745

Create Database

Yes, I went there and created a new database, a new user, then applied the new user to the new database with all of the privileges.

I tried from the unsuccessful import of sql that generated the 1044 error Select All > Copy > and copy to new database but that did not work so I exported the table from the 1044 error sql that I imported and imported it to the new database that I created and it imported successfully with no errors.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

So are you up and running? Where are you with this now? Still need my help? If you are still getting errors, let me know the exact error you see. I don't see any issues with the .sql file.

MRoc03795745

Right now I am going to try to connect Dreamweaver to the database. I received problems there as well. I am following the instructions on http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=92 and have entered the connections settings as attached.

MRoc03795745

Now I am following the instructions on http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=94 connecting the database to dreamweaver.

Dreamweaver > Window > Databases > + > MySql Connection

Connection Name: dataassist
MySql Server: localhost
User Name: internet_user
Password: ***password for internet user***
Database: internet_test

Then I get the error, "An unidentified error has occured."

MRoc03795745

Just tried it again by creating a new site in dreamweaver and got the same error but attached is a screenshot with an error with more info.

MRoc03795745

Here are screenshot of what was entered into Dreamweaver.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...