close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Receiving Access denied - you don't have permission to access "http://ups.com/ups.app/xml.rate" on this server.

Thread began 2/14/2018 11:29 am by doug.rine372975 | Last modified 3/07/2018 1:51 pm by Ray Borduin | 8383 views | 19 replies |

doug.rine372975

Receiving Access denied - you don't have permission to access "http://ups.com/ups.app/xml.rate" on this server.

I tried to verify the card operation at the end of the week (as the handler was putting the server in a test mode for the credit cards). I discovered another problem. I received a shipping error that the UPS ‘rate.xml’ page on UPS could not be accessed. I checked today and it appears that my original login, password and key are no longer valid.

I created a new login at UPS, and got a new key from the API (shipping). The username was the same as before. Due to the password rule changing, I had to slightly change the password. I updated the confirm.asp page in our site with the correct username, password and key. I still get the same result. Please see the attached error.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You usually have to contact UPS after getting a new account in order for them to upgrade it from a testing account to live. It looks like that could be the issue based on the error.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

doug.rine372975

Still same error.

I upgraded to production key. Still getting the same error. Please see the attached UPS screen shot (.pdf) showing production status and the error screen capture. Any help would be appreciated. Any info you need, just ask. Should I be using the 'access key' or the 'developer key' for getting the shipping info? I have been using the access key.

Attached Files
UPS_capture.pdf

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't think the special character is the issue. Have you tried contacting UPS support? I'm not sure if it is the developer key or access key. But if you have tried both and get the same issue then I suppose it doesn't matter.

Please provide FTP access and maybe your UPS login and I can try looking into it further. I'd also contact UPS support to see if they can help.

doug.rine372975

I have tried both keys with the same result. I contacted UPS. They were not really helpful. I am attaching their response. Please find the login info. Any help would be appreciated.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like their support just asked for more information. Try sending it to them and see if they can help.

doug.rine372975

I am unsure how to answer all their requests. I don't know about how to find the 'error being returned in the request'. I am not sure how to verify the TLS level. We haven't changed anything. I can provide the other info to them.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

TLS level shouldn't be an issue. Most likely your hosting provider would have handled that. I put all of the information you need to send them in the private area of my response. The errors are what you see on the page when the failure occurs.

doug.rine372975

UPS answer

UPS replied with the following:
API URLs starting with www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ or https://www.ups.com/webservices/ are not currently supported. We are unable to guarantee how long these legacy URLs will remain valid and active.

Please update your URLs as shown in the Developer Guides posted on ups.com. The new URLs begin with https://onlinetools.ups.com.

I downloaded the developer guide and tried two different addresses. Got a different error than before (but the same error for both new addresses). Screen shot attached.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What URL did you use? It should be: "https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate"

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...