close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ETA for DataAssist using MySQLi

Thread began 12/19/2017 12:17 pm by tn228553 | Last modified 12/20/2017 11:25 am by Ray Borduin | 3547 views | 14 replies |

tn228553

ETA for DataAssist using MySQLi

One of the reasons I use DataAssist is it's ease of generating table data in a grid. It appears this is no longer possible in PHP 7.0 where the mysql_ functions are gone.

When will DataAssist function properly with MySQLi?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jeremy Smith

Don't bother waiting ... i already switched to more powerful db tools from other vendor, which support PHP7+

Mike

Please Jeremy, could you send me (better in private message to avoid spam for WebAssist) the name of this db tools?
Now I've found only DMXzone, but their solutions are only "client-side" and I need "server-side" (as with DataBridge).
Unfortunately, I don't have more time to wait for the update (I'm obliged to use PHP7 on the server).
Thanks!

Jeremy Smith

That is exactly what i mean.There is no such thing as their solutions are only "client-side", their tools have two components - one for server-side called server connect, which is the base for all of the server-side tools (database connector, database updater, image processor, file upload and the rest of the tools) and the other is a client-side tool, for binding data on the page, it is called app connect. Their client-side part allows me to build pages, where i don't need to refresh the whole page to reload or filter the data ... really nice!
I must say i am really happy with the subscription which gives me access to all of these tools.

Mike

Yes they have great extensions but... are completely close (you need of them for everything custom change) and "client side" is not good for all the situations (for basic website are ok but not for build custom behaviours).
So, for me DMXzone is not an alternative to WA.
Come on Ray!!!!

Jeremy Smith

I think you are still not getting what client side is? Every website has client side what do you mean "client side is not good for all the situations" - how do you display data without "client side"?
I've built really complex CMS and CRM systems for huge companies using the subscription of dmx zone and the clients are really happy with the results. Too bad i cannot share the links due to the NDAs i signed ...

Mike

A server side or back-end language runs before the HTML is loaded, not after as client-side.
If you use DMXzone, you have this typical situation on your html code:
{{desc_news}}

The strange things is that DMXzone not use their "App client-side" solution on their corporate website (for an example see the source code of the home page)

Jeremy Smith

Well in order to see {{desc_news}} it has already been rendered on the backend by running the PHP code of my server actions, and then passed to the front end in JSON format, which is then rendered by the front end component...
That is why i can only refresh parts of the page using these tools and not reload the whole page just to see a simple change. Users like interactivity and not heavy bloated with PHP (which is supposed to run on the backend and not on your page) pages, and i see this in every project i complete.

tn228553

Still Looking for an answer?

This is all fine and good but has nothing to do with my original question. In fact, since nobody is willing to share what tools they are using instead for whatever reason (NDA, really? On licensed software anybody can buy? LOL) the discussion here is of no value.

I'll ask again hoping someone will breeze by with actual information... Has WebAssist announced WHEN Data Bridge will function with PHP 7.0?

Jeremy Smith

My post already explains that i am using dmx zone database tools.
As for NDAs - i was referring to the completed projects (CMS and CRM systems for end users) which i built using dmx zone tools ...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...