close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Submit Button does nothing

Thread began 9/08/2009 3:21 pm by jm271908 | Last modified 9/09/2009 1:00 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6613 views | 9 replies |

jm271908

Submit Button does nothing

So I created a form using webassist form, added file attachments using digital file pro,
then used universal email to email the form and attachments.

When I hit the submit button, the form fields turn green and nothing else happens.
No email is sent and no error message.

Is there something else that needs to be done to get this to send?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

jm271908

Submit Button working, attachments not

ok, so I found out my problem. When I added the progress bar to the dreamweaver page, I got an error about placing code in the locked header of the page. I use a locked main template.

I pressed ok when the progress bar error came up. This messed up the form from submitting and I only had null null on the top of the page and nothing worked.

There was like 3 lines of crap code added to the header which I deleted and now the form is sending just fine.

So I unlocked the page from the template, re-added the progress bar and it's working now too.

Attachments are not working, but I am still reading up on realpath which seems to be the issue for most people. Would be great to have a video tutorial on realpath or adding attachments with universal email/digital file pro. Even a couple more visual screen capture shots of universal email realpath data bindings would be a huge improvement over the limited directions on the "How to include attachments with your email form" PDF.

jm271908

another issue solved

Forgot to mention another small issue early on I found.

I had one field set with just a single check box with no validation required.
For some reason, if this check box was not checked on the form, the submit button
would not work. I deleted this check box and added a radio group instead and that small problem went away.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The realpath() functions takes a relative file name and converts it to a system path.

Click the Lightning bolt and select the server file name, this will add code in the attachments window similar to:

php:
<?php echo $WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"]; ?>

you will need to modify this to include the upload folder path:

php:
<?php echo("upload/Folder/".$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"]); ?>

as well as the realpath() function:

php:
<?php echo(realpath("upload/folder/".$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"])); ?>

jm271908

realpath

Here is my code now:

<?php echo (realpath("uploads/".$WA_DFP_UploadStatus["WA_UploadResult1"]["serverFileName"])); ?>

The files are not being uploaded to the server, so I don't see how universal email can send the attachments. Maybe digital file pro is not setup properly on my end. I did follow the instructions, but the part that really got me confused was sets 9-17 on page 3 of the directions. That code above should have fixed the universal email issue.

Hopefully my issues will help others who are new at this.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Well, if the files are not being uploaded to the server, than they will not be able to be attached and that is what needs to be investigated, not Universal Email.

Can you send a copy of your page so I can look at the code.

jm271908

page

Thanks for looking at this

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For file upload to work successfully, the forms encoding type must be set to multipart/form-data:

<form action="applicant.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="Default_SouthernPolymerCSS_SPCSS" class="SouthernPolymerCSS_SPCSS" id="Default_SouthernPolymerCSS_SPCSS">

If you are still having an issue, remove the redirect to the thankyou.htm page form the universal Email server behavior, then on the bindings expand the WA Uploaded File Global Status and drag the Debug info binding to the page, this will give info on the status of the file upload.

Also add the following at line 1 to see if there are any PHP errors occurring:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

jm271908

Solved

Thanks for that, it worked and solved my issue.

I replaced the standard form action line that was put in there by I assume form builder
with your code and now all attachments work.

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Excellent, glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...