close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Email not Sending Messages

Thread began 12/13/2017 2:54 pm by salaroche | Last modified 12/27/2017 5:41 pm by Ray Borduin | 3785 views | 22 replies |

salaroche

Email not Sending Messages

Hi, I had stopped designing websites for a couple of years and now I'm having difficulties having Webassist's email form send messages. The "Submit" button produces the spinning "Please wait" and then opens the assigned "Email Success" page, but I don't get the message in my Inbox. Any suggestions? Thank you for your attention.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That means that it is trying to send the email but it is either failing or being placed in the spam folder.

This usually happens if you have not set a correct FROM email address, TO email address, or your email server setting is incorrect.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

salaroche

Ray: Nice talking to you over the phone a few minutes ago. Below please find the fttp info.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I can't seem to connect to that host. Are you sure that is the correct ftp address?

salaroche

Oops... Apologies. Please see below

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have the FROM address set to the FullName field from the submitted form. You should have a FROM address that is a valid email address and matches the domain like webmaster@yourdomain.com. You can use the Email field from the form as the ReplyTo address if you want to be able to reply easily.

salaroche

Ray,

....Oh, OK. I understand. How do I edit the form once it has been created?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your email server will often fail and be blocked as spam if it comes “FROM” an outside domain.

Instead use the Reply-To with the customer email and use a static FROM address that is a valid email address so your server and the recipient won’t automatically block it as spam (pretending to be from someone it isn’t actually from).

You can edit the email from the Server Behaviors panel.

salaroche

Ray, I got a couple of messages from rborduin@webassist.com, but now that I made some changes to the email form I'm not getting the messages. I changed the "From" field to Email_Address, but I obviously didn't do something right.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've done some more testing and it still isn't working I don't think.

Who is your hosting provider? You may need to specify settings for the email server.

I put up a test page here:
http://calischool.salaroche.com/emailtest.php

If that doesn't send then there may be an underlying configuration issue with your email server. You may want to give that page to your hosting provider and see if they can tell you why it isn't working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...